Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfgang?? eddie Van Who?

Ha ha , got your attention...

so what do you guys think of this guitar, the carved top us ones that is, in my search for a new guitar ive come across the wolfgang which i never considered a while ago (maily cos i never really seen it before), seems to be what i'm looking for.. i didn't particulary want something with a floyd but the fact it has the D-Tuna and that i also realised you don't have to recess them mabye a floyd guitar would be worth it, also it has to be one of the most unique looking guitar thats really great looking..

so whats you opinions on their playability and feel and sound and everything in general..i'm asking because that iknow of there is no Peavey guiar dealers in Ireland...

Cheers!!

y2stevo
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: Wolfgang?? eddie Van Who?

I like them, but given the choice I'd go for an Ernie Ball EVH or Axis. The ernie Ball EVH is possibly the best shredder guitar I've ever played.
    Originally posted by Jolly
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

People have alot of opinions over this guitar!
      Bottom line is that it is a great guitar, easy to play with a marvelous neck.
      A good Gotoh floyd made out of real steel, just as good as an OFR.
      And it does not float, and that makes a world of differences soundwise.
      But you can get it with a hardtail as well...spanking snappy responsive guitars.
      The neckpocket is tight and supports the neck very well, it is a well thought out guitar, simple and very useful.
      The pickups is as everything else a matter of taste, but they are fat and powerful.
      And through the right amp this baby will scream and moan like a .....hehe nevermind that
      I have sofar not played one I disliked.....
      The Musicman I did not like as much as the Peavey, the neck has a better tilt on the Peavey, but they are more alke than apart.
      Dislike the DiMarzios in the Musicman for some odd reason, but never mind that.
      Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 05-17-2004, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I've got a Wolfy stoptail, and ditto Rid's comments. Superbly fast neck, immaculate construction, nice flame on mine and quality hardware. Yup, the pickups are a matter of taste and it really does matter what amp you're playing through. And for a quality MIA axe that it picked up new for (US$900) I'd say I got a great deal.
        'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

My Wolfgang is my #1 guitar. The neck is so comfortable and fast at the same time. I love the 6105 fretwire. Soundwise, mine sings!!! It's very loud when played acoustically, and very fat through an amp.
          I have three Hamer USA's and one Kramer American. The wolfgang sounds better then all of them...

I want another one!!!
          ---RCM78

Comment

Yeah that is the trademark when they are unplugged.
            Ringing chords and lots of body.

Comment

My wolfgang is my #2 guitar but is a great guitar. I love how the pickups sound coming out of my Marshall fullstack. Great feeling neck just like everybody else has said. I have had mine since they first came out and am now having a bit of a problem with it staying in tune when i pull the d-tuna. Haven't figured out what the exact cause of it is but other then that it's been great.
              boreddddddddddd

Comment

Ah it is the small allen screw that needs adjustment.

Comment

The Wolfgangs are EXCELLENT guitars! I've been a Fender man for about 15 years. When I first played the Wolfgang, I knew that for the hard rockin' stuff, it would be my main axe. The wolfy (black with carved top) sounds awesome through the 5150 head. I used it with a Marshall cab though, otherwise a little too bright...but man it's a killer axe!

Ditto on RIDs comments...

Farkus
                  2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                  1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I think Peavey makes high quality affordable equipment. I own a Wolfgang and what I like most about this guitar is the asymetrical neck (thinner on the treble half of the neck for better access when playing lead). This guitar does pretty much everything that I want. The pickups are the subject of debate, but I really like them. They are powerful, but I like the tone a lot. A lot of guys compare them to the Axis pups, which are less powerfull, and it is a matter of your own personal taste, but this is the only guitar that I've ever owned that the stock pups stayed. Everything else has Duncans or EMGs in it. I love the tone of the Wolfgang through my Rectifier. Nice combination. Play before you buy, you may not like it as much as I do and if you do want one and you don't want a Floyd, get the hardtail version.

Comment

i'm not talkin the d string i am talkin everything jumps up i can't see why. I've messed with the bridge multiple times I never can figure out the problem. It seems to sit on the bridge plate right. you can't pull it back. i have no idea... It stays in tune as long as you don't use the d-tuna. maybe some day it will work again.
                      boreddddddddddd

Comment

Sounds weird really, mine needs a little adjustment when I change stringbrands from time to time.
                        But otherwise it just works.
                        Hmm better get someone to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                          Sounds weird really, mine needs a little adjustment when I change stringbrands from time to time.
                          But otherwise it just works.
                          Hmm better get someone to look at it.
                          Rid,

Could you explain how to do the adjustment, if you know how?

Thanks,
                          Farkus
                          2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                          1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

There is a small allenwrench on the D-tuna.
                            And here is a good site for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X