Speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker?

Do new amp speakers "break in"? Just curious I am getting a new Weber tomorow.
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: Speaker?

Originally posted by sweet_lou
    Do new amp speakers "break in"? Just curious I am getting a new Weber tomorow.
    Yes they do.. what are you getting??
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Good question - I freaked out at how crappy my Weber Blue Dog sounded when I first installed it in a Blues Jr. Called Ted Weber and felt like such a dope after talking to him He was really gracious about it too.

I think it was Jeremy who wrote something a while ago about hooking his amp up to a stereo, putting it in a closet, and playing it for 12 hours pretty loud. The traditional approach of just cranking it up until it sounds good worked for me - it took about 5-6 hours playing time to start sounding decent and kept improving for maybe a month (but I don't really play that loud or that long).

Chip
      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
        Yes they do.. what are you getting??
        I am getting a 12F150. It is a ceramic 50 watt Doped for my Fender Blues deluxe

Copied this from the Wewber site
        Click
        for
        Pix
        Sound clip
        by Jan Jonsson
        12F150
        Tweed Twin tone with ceramic punch. Replaces Jensen C12N and Oxford ceramic 12's ********| Lows
        ******| Mids
        ******| Highs
        *******| Crunch/Texture
        ********| Breakup Level
        Vintage Series
        12", 40oz ceramic magnet, 25 or 50 watts, 1-1/2" voice coil, ribbed cone....... $90 plus shipping
        Warm, smooth breakup, aggressive, punchy, loud.
        Last edited by sweet_lou; 05-17-2004, 08:07 PM.
        His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
          Good question - I freaked out at how crappy my Weber Blue Dog sounded when I first installed it in a Blues Jr. Called Ted Weber and felt like such a dope after talking to him He was really gracious about it too.

I think it was Jeremy who wrote something a while ago about hooking his amp up to a stereo, putting it in a closet, and playing it for 12 hours pretty loud. The traditional approach of just cranking it up until it sounds good worked for me - it took about 5-6 hours playing time to start sounding decent and kept improving for maybe a month (but I don't really play that loud or that long).

Chip
          Thanks I guess it will take a while this fender is kinda loud and I live in an appartment
          His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Yes I had an F150 in my hot rod deluxe. That is a sweet speaker. It has a wide range and the clean tones are superior.
            That particular speaker did not seem to need as much breaking in as my Blue Dogs if I recall correctly. But mine was not doped.
            Like Chip stated, the Blue Dogs are pretty flat when you first get them.
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
            X