Jcm800 Owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcm800 Owners...

Hey guys, I've got an early, single channel 2204 head which I play thru a 900 series slant cab. The amp tends to get 'buzzy" at times, and I was wondering if anyone else experiences this, and if so, what did you do to remedy it. I usually play with the volume at about 10 o' clock, and the preamp at about 12 o'clock.Would a preamp tube swap help out in this instance? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Re: Jcm800 Owners...

I plug in the low gain input now and usually set the volume on 10 with the preamp on 8, attenuate 8 to 12 dbs. Less buzzy that way. You could try different preamp tubes, especially V1. I've heard that switching to a 12AY7 in V1 will smooth the tone out a bit. I have yet to try it but it makes sense. Good luck.....

Comment

I've used the exact same head and cab combination since 1982. Mine are 2204's also. I also plug into the Low sensitivity input, and use an old TS-808 to push the amp. 800's can get buzzy if ya don't attenuate em in some way. I'm old school, so I use the TS-808.
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Turn your preamp gain down and your volume up.

It helps if you have an attenuator, or live really far away from your neighbors.

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
        X