No announcement yet.

NEW Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Outfit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t care what you think. I care that you post the same thing in every thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Back on topic, please.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	0B467D98-2263-4E3C-9102-73C668F38107.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	6006201That Epi strikes me as being a well made import Les Paul with all of the upgrades that I would have done to an Epi Les Paul 20 years ago already done.

It'll probably still need a little set up work to make it perfect but that doesn't have to be done all at once.

Ultimately, a guitar has to be set up by hand. It has to held and played, stared at and tweaked and tried and played again. Over and over and over until it's perfect.

If you're a guitar company, all of that hand work at the end gets expensive.

So it seems like it doesn't get done as well today as it did in the 50's.

When a "new" guitar enters my life I spend countless hours tweaking and adjusting it until it's as near perfect as I can get it.

If I had to add my own hours into the cost of new guitar it would ADD AT LEAST A THOUSAND DOLLARS TO THE PRICE of my guitar!

I have no issue with guitars not being made in the USA.

I have two USA made PRS CU22's I bought used for about $1200 each and three made in Korea PRS SE Singlecuts that I bought used for under $500 each.

Because I spent countless hours tweaking and adjusting and touching up frets and swapping pickups, all five play and sound like zillion dollar guitars.
        Last edited by Lewguitar; 08-01-2020, 06:23 AM.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Dauminator View Post

This is why I'll probably never own a "true" Gibson Les Paul, even though my double cut does say "Gibson Les Paul" on the headstock. Dropping $2,600 for a 50's standard vs dropping $850 on an Epiphone with the same pickups, and I'm on a college budget. I don't professionally record and I'm a big fan of buying cheap and upgrading, but this sounds like it's already upgraded at a fraction of the cost. I'd rather have a bunch of mid grade/budget diy fixers than one guitar (I currently have 5 guitars that I've spent a total of $1600 on, which can buy me exactly one les paul studio). I also impulse bought my double cut because it was 40% off at GC and I think the bridge pup sounds amazing, although I'd like to switch the neck out for a Friedman. It's my first p90 guitar and I'm hooked. I also know how to do fretwork, so paying sweetwater and extra $200 for a pleking sounds like a waste of money to me.

And JMP, no one is thinking epiphone made a 59 les paul. But because epiphone is the only manufacturer making licenced copies, this is literally as close to a 59 you're going to get anywhere near this price range. Hell, burstbuckers themselves retail for $300, let alone the case and labor involved.

Sweetwater called me today and it looks like I'm about a month away from getting the guitar, people have been pre-ordering this since January so I'm getting the second batch. Tbh I think it's pretty cool though because once the first batch comes out there will be plenty of videos so I know exactly what I'll be getting
          Don't get married and you will eventually be able to afford any guitar you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. B View Post
            I have a Plaintop Epiphone Les Paul I added the Slash A2 Pro set to that sounds and plays as good as my Gibson Les Paul. I have owned others over the years and fell for all the hype about replacing nuts, tuners, bridges, tailpieces when I was younger. Now I would just replace the pickups, tweak the setup, and play the crap out of that thing. All that other stuff was a waste of money.
            Mr. B, I believe it.

I listened to a demo with the Slash pick ups and they sounded really nice to me. Was thinking that, if I upgrade pickups on any of my other guitars, I would most likely go with the Slash ones or maybe Pearly Gates, but l'm leaning toward Slash.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post

Mr. B, I believe it.

I listened to a demo with the Slash pick ups and they sounded really nice to me. Was thinking that, if I upgrade pickups on any of my other guitars, I would most likely go with the Slash ones or maybe Pearly Gates, but l'm leaning toward Slash.
              You can't go wrong with either. Know the Slash has more mids, and the PGs have more treble. So, it is up to what you like more, or what your guitar needs to sound its best.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X