Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Eastwood Guitars?

Hello again folks,
    I want to thank you all for the feedback on the best online guitar vendors, I asked about the other day. This however is a much more specific question. I had been looking at Gibson SG Standards, but something came up on the radar that I’m VERY interested in. Of course depending on the feedback I get.

As a Dead Head, I’ve always wanted to have a Garcia Tribute guitar, specifically his Wolf guitar. Over the years all the ones I’ve seen and liked were way out of my price range. However a few days ago I found one that is in my budget range.

It’s from EastwoodCustoms, and strictly appearance wise I love it. It’s not a clone, and that’s not really what I’m looking for anyhow. It’s looks enough like it that any Dead Head will immediately recognize what it is, but still different enough that it’s still my guitar. I’ve been in contact with them the last few days, and have to say their CS so far is outstanding. It has a 45 day no question, complete refund if I’m not happy with it. The price all in with shipping is right around $1500.00, and I was told a full pro setup is done before shipping it out. ( though I’m sure I’ll have to do some personal tweaking once it’s here )

I’m well aware looks are not what’s most important, the build quality is. I seem to remember seeing a few of you guys getting custom guitars from them, of course not Wolf, but if they do good work on other tributes I’d think they would on them all.

I’d love to hear from you guys who have bought any of their guitars. How happy are you with it overall, and do you still feel you made a good choice (however long It’s been after receiving and playing it) are the build quality/electronics, etc... done well?

This will be the last guitar I will ever buy, so I want to make sure it’s worth the price.

thanks for any help on this, it’s killing me not to pull the trigger. I don’t want to be impulsive and make a huge mistake though.

Here is the one in question:
    https://eastwoodguitars.com/products...od-wolf-guitar

Thanks!
    Chris
    “Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.” - Jerry Garcia

“If it's worth playing, it's worth playing loud!” - Mickey Hart
    ---------------
    Current Gear:
    Fender CD-60 All Mahagony
    2013 60's CV Strat
    Mustang II v.2

Cool designs. Perfectly okay build quality.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Thanks for the feedback my friend
      “Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.” - Jerry Garcia

---------------
      Current Gear:
      2013 60's CV Strat
      Mustang II v.2

Comment

Decent build quality, usually will need some fretwork to make them right. Fit and finish are otherwise pretty good. Some models have some questionable hardware choices but they do have some cool designs that are fairly unique and fun.

Be willing to put a little effort in and you’ll likely have a good guitar.

My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
          Be willing to put a little effort in and you’ll likely have a good guitar.
          That’s kinda where my head is, that out of the box it will be nice, but with a little work it would be perfect. It’s really hard to not be excited about it, like seriously hard. I was originally going to get a Gibson SG Standard, actually had one in the cart to buy when I get my check Saturday. Then I stumbled across Eastwood and Immediately fell in love with their Wolf.

---------------
          Current Gear:
          2013 60's CV Strat
          Mustang II v.2

Comment

They are also doing copies of the Ibanez Bob Weir model
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I've wanted an Eastwood Mach Two for years now.
              Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
              If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonker View Post
                Yea, I saw that one also. They are also apparently going to do a Tiger Tribute.

---------------
                Current Gear:
                2013 60's CV Strat
                Mustang II v.2

Comment

The Eastwood Charvel Surfcaster style one looks awesome.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have two Eastwood-made Backlunds; no complaints at all about the build quality on those.

Reviews from players who bought the Wolf model are pretty positive.

Eastwood offers models you can't get elsewhere, short of having them custom built.
                    And you do pay a little extra for the unusual designs so they're not really for bargain hunters.
                    But they're decently made guitars, not bargain-basement builds.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Every Eastwood I've played has been a great guitar. Aesthetically, they aren't my thing, though. I get why people like them, though.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks everyone, I think I’m going to go ahead and order it. I mean the 45 day no question return policy alone takes the worry out of the picture. I mean if I can’t tell if I like it or not in 45 days, then I shouldn’t be buying a $1500.00 guitar. It’s going to get played, and played a lot.

All I read is post review after review of people that love the work they do, I think it’s time to stop overthinking it and just pull the trigger.

Now to find a better amp, lol!
                        Last edited by LazyLightning; 08-01-2020, 01:34 PM.

---------------
                        Current Gear:
                        2013 60's CV Strat
                        Mustang II v.2

Comment

Originally posted by Wonker View Post
                          i have one of those. got it used with a case for around $500. it's very cool for what it is, but i think i'd be disappointed if I paid $1000 for it...
                          Quality riffs in about a minute...
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Ordering it in the morning, I’ll update when I get it with some pics as well as how well it plays out of the box.

Seriously, thank you all for helping me on this!

---------------
                            Current Gear:
                            2013 60's CV Strat
                            Mustang II v.2

Comment

I have an Airline 3P Deluxe that I'll never get rid of. Played great right out of the box. In fact, it's probably the only guitar I have that I haven't had to do anything to. Mojo for days and plays perfectly. Pickups are really neat too.

Comment

Working...
                              X