Peavey USA Wolfgang Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey USA Wolfgang Special

Local guy has a USA Wolfgang Special (flat top, black, 1 volume, stock everything, very good condition) for sale at a decent price. I haven't played one in about 20 years, but I remember being gaga over the neck, and thinking the stock pickups were awesome. Also haven't had a Floyd guitar in a LONG time, and this seems like a fun way to get back into that while still being able to cover the mostly blues rock stuff I play.

There's also a PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd available for about the same price. I know one's an import, but the two PRS imports I've owned have been top notch build quality. Floyds haven't been my thing for quite awhile, but I really wouldn't have having one around.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Im not a huge fan of either, the Peavy follows the size of the original EB EVH guitars and they are too small for me, the PRS, just something about them that I cant put my finger on just doesnt do it for me, BUT with that said Id probably go with the PRS, to me they have a bit better feel.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Found another local with a Paul's Guitar SE. No Floyd, or any trem at all, but I've been into drop D and open tunings for slide a lot lately, so that might ultimately prove better.

Initially, I was going to shell out for an older "real" PRS when my dad's estate settled, but my wife's school load is about to go crazy, and she's gonna have to go part time. Not spending a couple grand wouldn't be the worst thing ever.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

... And I just found out my idiot brother didn't set up any of our dad's bills for autopay from the account we created and put money into specifically for that purpose. So I'm not buying anything else for the meantime.

Comment

Oh man, that sucks.

To share my thoughts on which one, I'd take the Wolfgang and then swap the pickups for an Air Zone/Air Norton combo. Not a fan of the Peavey pickups.

Comment

I have a bunch of new to me instruments. Not gonna go out looking for anything, just gonna wait to happen upon the right one. That’s how I’ve always got my best deals, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              Local guy has a USA Wolfgang Special (flat top, black, 1 volume, stock everything, very good condition) for sale at a decent price. I haven't played one in about 20 years, but I remember being gaga over the neck, and thinking the stock pickups were awesome. Also haven't had a Floyd guitar in a LONG time, and this seems like a fun way to get back into that while still being able to cover the mostly blues rock stuff I play.

There's also a PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd available for about the same price. I know one's an import, but the two PRS imports I've owned have been top notch build quality. Floyds haven't been my thing for quite awhile, but I really wouldn't have having one around.
              Sorry about your family situation, but of these two I would get the PRS because the Floyd is recessed and its 24 frets. Much more versatile for modern music.

Comment

Working...
              X