My July batch, Part 2: Roasted Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My July batch, Part 2: Roasted Tele

I've had a thing for a Tele since way back when. I never had one I could go along with, though, since I started making my own. And now... my newest.

*Roasted ash body, easy access heel
    *Roasted flamed maple neck
    *Olivewood fretboard, 22 frets, 10"- 14" compound radius, walnut dot inlay
    *Angled headstock, bone nut, 6 in line tuners, dual action trussrod
    *Kluson steel bridge, 3 brass saddles
    *Bakelite pickguard
    *Thin Skin nitro finish
    *Seymour Duncan Jerry Donahue Lead and Rhythm '54 (I believe?)
    *Custom wiring

This is the best sounding guitar I have made. Ever. Period. The simplicity makes this absolute gold.

Beautiful neck. Is the grain so apparent on the body because no grain filler is used?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Beautiful neck. Is the grain so apparent on the body because no grain filler is used?
      No, not particularly. I did use grain filler because ash without filler is a nightmare, but I only used 2 or 3 layers of nitro. I already noticed how super-fast the film of nitro would build up and I wanted the open pore feel, but not the 'grand canyon' feel of ash. I tried to strike a balance between those two. The porefill is also a sealer and colors the grains a bit, in aid of the white basecoat under the amber

Comment

The grain fill/finish on this one is "just right", in my opinion. I want to rub my grimey hands all over it!

Comment

I love this one! Haha, orpheo already knows how much I love ash, but I really love how much the grain pops on this one! The neck is gorgeous too!
          Soundcloud

Comment

A classic look. Very nice.

Comment

Working...
            X