Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My July batch, Part 5: Dutchwood LP Set

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My July batch, Part 5: Dutchwood LP Set

    What to do when you really wanna try local woods? Just...DO... IT!! So, I did.

    For both the specs are the same, only the color, inlay and pickups differ.

    *Birch top on Chestnut
    *pearwood/bog oak/flamed maple laminated neck
    *bog oak fretboard, 24.75", 10"-14" compound radius, 22 frets, real MOP/abalone inlay
    *Gotoh bridge and tuners
    *Seymour Duncan pickups (Pearly Gates/Custom hybrid bridge & Jazz/59 hybrid neck in the Sunburst ; JB/Fullshred hybrid bridge & Pearly/Jazz hybrid neck in the charcoal lilac burst)


















  • #2














    [img]https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/116427840_3316875431685012_3132996325118924516_o.j pg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=dW3SGV8H3WcA X-ODJFd&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=0475ea40b4cca0f6cf28127731a83e41& oe=5F5216AE[/img

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, cool, cool... But those lower mids in a real mahog.... JUST KIDDING! Gorgeous looking stuff. I think I'm one those guys who'll leave here without ever owning an LP and not regretting it, but these two are some real eyecandy! Congrats!

      Comment


      • #4
        To be honest, with the chestnut, this isn't that far off from the 50ies style LP's. Very twangy. I actually do prefer Spanish Cedar (a mahogany derivative) or black korina for my body backs, with a maple top. Sounds a bit thicker whilst keeping that upper presence. This is very, very old school.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          To be honest, with the chestnut, this isn't that far off from the 50ies style LP's. Very twangy. I actually do prefer Spanish Cedar (a mahogany derivative) or black korina for my body backs, with a maple top. Sounds a bit thicker whilst keeping that upper presence. This is very, very old school.
          Seriously... Don't take it seriously! I was just trying to poke fun fun at tonewood conservatism.

          Comment


          • #6
            Goddamn those both look great! I really love the purple one!
            Soundcloud

            Comment


            • #7
              I really dig the pelican logo on the purple one. I also love the idea of using local woods, too. More builders should switch to those.
              Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I really dig the pelican logo on the purple one. I also love the idea of using local woods, too. More builders should switch to those.
                When I saw the wood selection for these, I immediately thought of you!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Very nice. Love the figuring on the tops.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

                    Seriously... Don't take it seriously! I was just trying to poke fun fun at tonewood conservatism.
                    I know but digging a bit deeper into the tonewood myth doesn't hurt haha!


                    It's, by the way, a stork inlay! Not a pelican. A stork is my home town's emblem. Next time i make the lines twice as tick so its better visible.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Wonderful. Very well done.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X