My July batch, Part 5: Dutchwood LP Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My July batch, Part 5: Dutchwood LP Set

What to do when you really wanna try local woods? Just...DO... IT!! So, I did.

For both the specs are the same, only the color, inlay and pickups differ.

*Birch top on Chestnut
    *pearwood/bog oak/flamed maple laminated neck
    *bog oak fretboard, 24.75", 10"-14" compound radius, 22 frets, real MOP/abalone inlay
    *Gotoh bridge and tuners
    *Seymour Duncan pickups (Pearly Gates/Custom hybrid bridge & Jazz/59 hybrid neck in the Sunburst ; JB/Fullshred hybrid bridge & Pearly/Jazz hybrid neck in the charcoal lilac burst)

[img]https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/116427840_3316875431685012_3132996325118924516_o.j pg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=dW3SGV8H3WcA X-ODJFd&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=0475ea40b4cca0f6cf28127731a83e41& oe=5F5216AE[/img

Comment

Yeah, cool, cool... But those lower mids in a real mahog.... JUST KIDDING! Gorgeous looking stuff. I think I'm one those guys who'll leave here without ever owning an LP and not regretting it, but these two are some real eyecandy! Congrats!

Comment

To be honest, with the chestnut, this isn't that far off from the 50ies style LP's. Very twangy. I actually do prefer Spanish Cedar (a mahogany derivative) or black korina for my body backs, with a maple top. Sounds a bit thicker whilst keeping that upper presence. This is very, very old school.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          To be honest, with the chestnut, this isn't that far off from the 50ies style LP's. Very twangy. I actually do prefer Spanish Cedar (a mahogany derivative) or black korina for my body backs, with a maple top. Sounds a bit thicker whilst keeping that upper presence. This is very, very old school.
          Seriously... Don't take it seriously! I was just trying to poke fun fun at tonewood conservatism.

Comment

Goddamn those both look great! I really love the purple one!
            Soundcloud

Comment

I really dig the pelican logo on the purple one. I also love the idea of using local woods, too. More builders should switch to those.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I really dig the pelican logo on the purple one. I also love the idea of using local woods, too. More builders should switch to those.
                When I saw the wood selection for these, I immediately thought of you!

Comment

Very nice. Love the figuring on the tops.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

Seriously... Don't take it seriously! I was just trying to poke fun fun at tonewood conservatism.
                    I know but digging a bit deeper into the tonewood myth doesn't hurt haha!

It's, by the way, a stork inlay! Not a pelican. A stork is my home town's emblem. Next time i make the lines twice as tick so its better visible.

Comment

Wonderful. Very well done.

Comment

Working...
                      X