Clear All

• ArtieToo
    replied
    #9, #9, #9 . . .

Leave a comment:

• Synapsys
    replied
    Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Narrowing down... I’m liking the dark fretboard and black hardware. Black knobs and pickups are a good look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6521434D-0888-4AF3-A936-7CC35B3D00A3.png
Views:	320
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	6007260
    This, but with maple board and just two knobs (master volume and tone). For pickups, black HSS with stacks or rails. And get a 10 position Freeway Strat switch for maximum versatility.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied

think this week was 28 hours of calls. As long as I’m not hosting many times I am multitasking. Now our CEO and VPs have requested us to have video cameras on all the time. No wonder I’m working 50+ hours a week now.
    It seems working from home has only made the big wigs squeeze our time even more...

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post

I hate conference calls. Especially when only 10 minutes of the 60 minute call is relevant to me or my tasks. It is even worse when the client insists on video conference calls.
    think this week was 28 hours of calls. As long as I’m not hosting many times I am multitasking. Now our CEO and VPs have requested us to have video cameras on all the time. No wonder I’m working 50+ hours a week now.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied

Combination of that along with sitting on way too many conference calls!

I could easily make a 1957 style with a maple neck/surfers, etc. but I’ve got enough vintage style Stratocasters. Just looking for something fun.
    I hate conference calls. Especially when only 10 minutes of the 60 minute call is relevant to me or my tasks. It is even worse when the client insists on video conference calls.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    I think I’ve got three ideas for pickup sets.

1. Active: EMG 89/SA/SA maybe with an SPC and PI2 for boost and phase. Kind of 80’s Lukather inspired.

2. Classic: JB/SSL-1/SSL-1 or SSL-5, very fitting of the era. Might do Classic Stack Plus equivalents for noise canceling.

3. Rails: Either JB/Custom/Hybrid with Vintage Rails/Hot Rails neck. Is there a “rails” bridge other than a Dimebucker that would look right with the smaller rails and still give classic tones?

I’m wondering if extra functions should be on push/pull pots or mini switches. Mini switches are of the era, but might be just too cluttered with the pearl and black.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied
    That’s a cool pickup combo. I’ve always wondered if the CS could do a SM-1n in black.
    I really like it. With the 500K pots it's almost Strat-like, and I can get closer to a PAF sound with the tone rolled off a bit. I've thought about sending mine in to have it converted to 4-conductor wiring so that I can swap to a 4-way switch for a series option as well as a push-pull phase switch.

The bridge pickup is early Zeppelin all day long.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    That’s a cool pickup combo. I’ve always wondered if the CS could do a SM-1n in black.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied
    It's not a Strat, but I ended up with a similar aesthetic for my Tele:

It all started because the only set of tuners I had that would fit the neck were a black set of Jackson-branded Gotoh SG38s from a Charvel model series.

MIM Blacktop Tele neck
    MIM Standard body, Lake Placid Blue
    Vintage Charvel/DiMarzio/MightyMite Andy Summers-style bridge
    Hot Stack for Tele & SM-1n Vintage Mini Humbucker w/ 500K pots
    Last edited by dystrust; 08-06-2020, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Metalman_666
    replied
    Narrowing down... I’m liking the dark fretboard and black hardware. Black knobs and pickups are a good look.
    This one is win. You have chosen wisely.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    yes and no. depends on what the pups are. i might want a different value for the singles vs the bucker

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I'd also like just volume + master tone.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    I think HSS is appropriate for the era too.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    yaasss! i like that. dark with hss

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    That's my pick out of all of them, as well! Nice!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X