• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Ah, ok! A lot of consensus...

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
      The most frustrating aspect of the whole project? Such a thing as an open framed black stereo jack does not appear to exist.
      I’ve noticed that... I’m contemplating what to do if I go active.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Is there a “rails” bridge other than a Dimebucker that would look right with the smaller rails and still give classic tones?
        I absolutely love my El Diablo. Although, it's not "thin" rails. Everyone, including the website, calls it super hot. It doesn't strike me that way at all. I hear it as surprisingly well balanced, both in output and frequency response. The Custom Shop also has the "thin-rail" Jupiter. But I haven't heard one of those.

Oops. Just noticed the Jupiter is for 7-string.

And . . . I back-pedal again. There's a 6-string version now, as a regular production model.
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-13-2020, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

I absolutely love my El Diablo. Although, it's not "thin" rails. Everyone, including the website, calls it super hot. It doesn't strike me that way at all. I hear it as surprisingly well balanced, both in output and frequency response. The Custom Shop also has the "thin-rail" Jupiter. But I haven't heard one of those.

Oops. Just noticed the Jupiter is for 7-string.

And . . . I back-pedal again. There's a 6-string version now, as a regular production model.
          He should check out Wilde pickups. The L500 can be built in four different models, from 3 Henries up, for under $100
          a pickup, including tax and shipping, directly from the manufacturer. IME, very fast delivery too. You can even text message the builder! Crazy.
          Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-13-2020, 07:35 AM.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Yeah, the new Jupiter 6 string is out. I don't know what you consider 'classic' tones, though. The Jupiter isn't a classic sounding pickup at all.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Consider using a Stetsbar ii

Comment

I hope if I build this thing I don’t regret it being a hardtail instead of a Floyd.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I hope if I build this thing I don’t regret it being a hardtail instead of a Floyd.
                  I think it is human nature to want what we don't have. Either way, you will wish you had it!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It’s gotta have a Floyd!!!

Comment

The only part of this guitar that currently exists is the hardtail Seafoam body!

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

You want to borrow my router?
                        Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                          You want to borrow my router?
                          Lol
                          Do I want to borrow it? Do I want someone that knows what they are doing to do so? Maybe... haha

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hardtail Strats sound and feel great IMO...and they ARE classic, having been available (and more common than you'd think) since 1955. A wankey vibrato system is not a must for '80s style guitars...but if you are going to use one, I vote a vintage-correct black Kahler. They have some advantages over Floyds (including looks IMO), and they are easy to install. In fact, I might be able to dig up the router template I made to install the one on the guitar I posted earlier...if you want to use it.

Also, FWIW, Kahler makes a nice hardtail bridge as well.
                            Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-17-2020, 05:51 PM.
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

A Kahler would be cool as heck. I wonder if I could find an NOS version...
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

A Kahler would be cool as heck. I wonder if I could find an NOS version...
                                I've seen them, but they're ridiculously expensive on eBay. Expect to pay $300-400 for a NOS Kahler from the 80s, and around $200 for a used one. It won't look 100% correct, but honestly I'd rather have one of the knew ones with the locking screw in the back. If you're OK with a lightly used Kahler, I'd be willing to sell the '86 Kahler 2320 off of my Charvel Model 4 as I've wanted to put a new hybrid on there for a while.
                                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                                X