No announcement yet.

Incoming: NGLPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, there is a slew of other cool metallics in the Muse line, and there’s an SG too. Very tempting to get it and do the same mods, to have a matching set.

The blue and red colors look really good.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

It got here. Very sparkly finish, but not in an ugly way. Slightly cooler in tone than Fender’s Sage Green Metallic. Great looking guitar as is, but I’m still going to go with the black plastics and knobs, and a black fretboard. Seems pretty well-made, aside from a handful of minor finish flaws under the clearcoat. Epi is doing good work right now IME. I’m happy with it, after Sweetwater’s minor improvements: nut slotted for 12s with wound G, 11s with plain G installed, set up with 1.5X factory string height specs, softened fret edges.

​​​​​​​
      Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

I think it looks great now. Black hardware and pickguard on sparkle wont match. But I'd be happy if u can prove me wrong! Post pics when it's done.

I think all it needs is a matching creme pickguard.

Comment

Definitely “pretty” now, and stereotypically “girly.” The black plastics, DiMarzio zebras (which are classic zebras, with the black coils on the outsides), and black guard will take it from “pretty” to “badass.”

I invite you to look at pictures of vintage ‘57 gold tops with stock black plastic.

I said nothing about installing black hardware. That almost always looks bad IMO.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-14-2020, 07:01 PM.
            Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

I have to say, I really love that stock look.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They've got some pretty cool colors for those Muse Models.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                  They've got some pretty cool colors for those Muse Models.
                  Yep. There are a couple that I really like.
                  Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Yeah, that's frickin' classy. I REALLY like it! Gorgeous color

Comment

I don't actually think it looks especially 'girly', though, and I do applaud these new finishes in LP models. I hope they continue in this direction- there are enough sunburst LPs out there if you want them.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post

Yep. There are a couple that I really like.
                        Yeah, I like the blue one and the pinkish/rose one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          I don't actually think it looks especially 'girly', though, and I do applaud these new finishes in LP models. I hope they continue in this direction- there are enough sunburst LPs out there if you want them.
                          I agree. Its like buying a full size pickup truck and lifting it because it wasn't "manly" enough.

Nothing about it girly, just a classy retro look.

Comment

The word “retro” makes no sense as you used it. It certainly does not have a classic, from-the-past look...outside of it simply being a guitar design from the’50s. It looks like a guitar that is using an old template, and trying to stand out as “modern” (and losing attractiveness because of it, would argue).

It is not being modified “because” the guitar itself is not “manly” enough. It’s not about my desire not to be associated with “girly” things. I have plenty of light toned guitars, but cream on metallic green simply does not look as good as it could to me...and those clear knobs are just plain ugly. It’s being modified because it’s cosmetically too light for me, and it looks like it’s struggling to try to stand out as contemporary (i.e. the opposite of “retro”). The result is gaudy (i.e. the opposite of “classy”) to me. “Stereotypically girly” was an offhand and tongue-in-cheek description of the way it looks to me, not my inner psychological reasoning for going to dark plastics.

It’s a lot more like buying a full size pickup truck that’s metallic pink with cream pinstripes, and painting over the pinstripes with black to give it a darker and more contrasty look. Lifting a pickup is basically a complete rebuild of the underside. That isn’t happening here. It’s exterior cosmetic trim changes.

I am not bothered by different cosmetic opinions about the thing...but I definitely am bothered by mosquitoes.

FWIW, these are $500 guitars, retail price, and not rare. Any kid with a summer job can get one...especially you, with your I refuse to pay any more than 20 percent off rule! I say have at it.
                            Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-15-2020, 09:54 AM.
                            Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Cool color. That’ll look sweet with black appointments and open coil pickups. I’d leave the pick guard off.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

Yeah, I like the blue one and the pinkish/rose one.
                                I love the blue too. And the red.
                                Yogi Berra was correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X