banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - Alder with walnut top & ebony fretboard/stainless frets..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, at least guitar-wise I think something costing the equivalent of $150 here would probably cost closer to 3 times as much in the US. But it depends and varies a lot depending on the commodity ..a McDonald's burger here for instance costs exactly what it does in the US....it's not 3 times cheaper.

Also, thanks to massive social/financial inequality, corruption and all that cool stuff....a guy working a high-paying job here might earn the same or more pay than what someone doing the same job in the US would be paid. Yet someone with a menial job here could be paid a fifth..maybe even a tenth of what someone doing the same menial job in the US is earning. That's how it goes in the third world....nothing makes any sense and it totally sucks to be poor
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

That really sucks about your economy. Sorry man.

You could be right on about the wood...I am no expert. Thanks for the info and references. I learned something new.

Yeah, the nut definitely looked like Tusk. I had no doubt about that. Thanks for including the length. 43 mm is 1 11/16". My favorite neck width at the nut and what I use in all my builds.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

It's cool.....personally I'm kinda stuck in the middle economy-wise . It's been better for the middle class the last couple of decades..

Regarding wood..I'm no expert either lol....but to me it looks like "Indian Walnut" is most likely what they used for this guitar

Yeah....most of my guitars have Floyd roses/locking bridges and are 43mm at the nut too. I guess that's probably what I'm most comfortable with myself. If I were a builder I'd probably be much more aware of stuff like that, but all I do is play & most of the time I don't think about any of that other stuff at all

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
        X