banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - Alder with walnut top & ebony fretboard/stainless frets..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Alder with walnut top & ebony fretboard/stainless frets..

Picked this beauty up yesterday at a store. It's a locally made brand and it's pretty awesome!

Alder with a 1/4" walnut cap & ebony fretboard/SS frets. Fit & finish is pretty much flawless & it looks pretty sweet to me.

Apart from one slightly high fret (22nd ...it only buzzes a tiny bit on the B string) which I will fix, it plays like a complete dream & sounds heavenly ....sustains for days too...

Anyway....really cool axe & it did'nt break the bank. No way I'd get this kind of wood/build quality/tone on an Ibanez/Jackson etc costing 3 times the price or more.

Really happy I picked it up

Specs:

KAD-AM-F100
    Kadence Astro Man Electric Guitar, 24 FRETS, H- S – S PICK UPS Rosewood Top with Alder wood Back and Sides
    Neck type : D Type neck
    Neck Wood : Maple Wood
    Body Wood : Top/ side /Back : Solid Rosewood / solid Alder /Solid Alder
    Fret Board wood : Ebony
    Fret Board Inlay : Pearloid shark fin Inlay
    Fret: Jumbo Frets
    Bridge type : Tune-O- Matic Bridge
    Pickups : Kadence designed H-S-S pickups
    Tuner : Diecasting Chrome tuner
    Hardware : Black Matt Finish
    scale : 648 mm/25.5″
    Electronics : 1 Tone & 1 volume & 5 Way Toggle switch
    Strings : Kadence designed Nickel wound regular Light .010 – .046
    Number of Frets : 24 stainless steel frets
    Construction: Bolt-on
    Body Finish : Matt
    Nut Material: Black Tusq Xl Guitar Nut
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-19-2020, 09:26 PM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

I'm a big fan of subtle smooth grain-patterns on tops and bodies with natural oil finishes and (satin-coated or not) stained woods.
    For some reason I just don't get into some of the fancier "claro" walnut tops. Some remind of a coffee table like Mincer always says. lol
    This looks more like our black walnut with a staining of some sort.
    Do they source local wood or just order from the popular guitar-specific retailers? Do you all have a black walnut type over there?

It's great to have some "more original" guitars instead of the same-ole main brand industry standard stock models.
    Praise to the builder for placing that volume knob just far enough back but still very handy.

Comment

Yeah, it's a nice workman-like axe. The first thing that strikes you when you pick it up is how "solid" it feels..chunky & solid (not overly heavy...just a really solid feel)

The top is'nt holographic or 3d shiny ..but it's just awesome to look at....no frills/matte finish, but again..just solid haha..

The same goes for the tone..the singles are every bit as authoratative sounding as the bridge..nothing wimpy about them. Apparently they make the pups themselves too...they have some sort of leather/fibre bobbins & sound ****in' awesome ..meaty with oodles of chunk and sustain. Neck is chunkier/rounder (C shaped) than most of my other guitars..but comfortable, really well finished & it totally rips!

Here's a better/closer pic of the top (sorry about my ****ty '90's plastic camera lol)

Regarding woods .yeah, the sales guy mentioned they were all local. Not sure about the species etc lol, afraid I know bugger all about wood types..

They had another one exactly like it with a darker rosewood top ..but I liked the simplicity/subtlety of this one better, plus I just took to the way it played & sounded ...it was calling out to me

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

The body shape and head shape are really great together. It's unique without so obviously trying to be. Hard to do these days with a million brands on the market.

Comment

Just beautiful. What pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            The body shape and head shape are really great together. It's unique without so obviously trying to be. Hard to do these days with a million brands on the market.
            What he said. Nice score.

Comment

Thanks guys...I'm pretty happy with it

The pickups are stock. They actually sound pretty cool...look really nice too with leather (or fibre?) bobbins which is unusual. Apparently the pickups are made inhouse too.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                Yeah, that's actually what I though when I saw it too!

And when you strap it on it kinda looks like a Klingon Bird of prey

Youtube

Comment

That's a new one! Very cool combination of woods, too. I'm happy to be surprised with new shapes and designs these days. It looks metal without being insanely pointy.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Glad it makes you happy!

& yeah totally ...it's like a pointy for more "mature" metalhead's

Youtube

Comment

Anyways..,,far from metal lol ..but here's a quick listen..

Just plugged it into my little Zoom G1X Four modeler (Plexi patch) & out to Reaper

I will need to fiddle with the bridge pickup height a bit...sounds ok, but I think it needs a bit of adjustment.

Youtube

Comment

Do they have a website? What kind of price range are we talking on one of these bad boys?

Comment

Kadence is India's Leading Musical Instruments Brand; We Have Wide Range of Collections Which Includes Guitar, Ukulele, Violin, Piano etc...

About 120 bucks / euros.
                          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Yeah, yeah well thet converts closer to $150 ...I paid about Rs. 13000 ($175) at the store

But you have to look at that in the context of what other Indian made guitars cost.

For instance, these guys "Givson" have been around since the 70's ..can't tell you how atrocious some of their guitars are. Though they've apparently upped their game in recent years.

Givson GS1000 Electric Guitar available at Raj Musicals with one year warranty.

Their stuff looks like a knock-off of those old Russian guitars from the 60's... probably is ( and it ^^ costs the equivalent of $40)

No one buys indian guitars here.... they used to be horribly made and look/sound as bad...

"Kadence" is a new brand that I'd never heard about before & as I said, I was very pleasantly surprised, first by the way it looked and then even more so when I played it 'cuz as far as this guitar goes it's (easily) on par with Ibby/Jackson/Epi/Ltd/whatever hardtails costing $500 - $800 or more. Don't let the price fool you.

They will have an uphill task breaking into the market domestically unless they charge what they're charging ..at least to start with. But that price is a ****ing steal for what it is. (considering anything from the major competitors in this price will be agathis or plywood)

....that being the case I thought it's the best time to pick one (or maybe two) up now before people wisen up

Youtube

Comment

Some more close-ups

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X