No announcement yet.

Anyone use the Wilkinson ABR-1 Bridge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use the Wilkinson ABR-1 Bridge ?

https://reverb.com/item/30777243-wil...or-gibson-gold

Just bought one, incredibly affordable. Any experiences ?
    Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-10-2020, 12:45 PM.

These seem to be new so i guess nobody has used them.

Carvin used Wilkinson hardware for decades so im guessing this should be decent.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand here. What's the advantage of these over a "normal" TOM?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        I'm not sure I understand here. What's the advantage of these over a "normal" TOM?
        Its wireless
        maybe we should wait for the Bluetooth version

EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Wired ABRs can let the saddles fall out which can be a hassle. Wilkinson is typically Korean made and are made to pretty good/trustworthy standard. I've used them in the past when you're looking bang for buck and don't want to shell out big cash for the higher quality stuff. They'll make due and get the job done.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

Its wireless
            maybe we should wait for the Bluetooth version

I was trying to refrain from making that joke.

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
              Wired ABRs can let the saddles fall out which can be a hassle. Wilkinson is typically Korean made and are made to pretty good/trustworthy standard. I've used them in the past when you're looking bang for buck and don't want to shell out big cash for the higher quality stuff. They'll make due and get the job done.

Yeah these have C clips instead of the wire and are made in Korea. The G string saddle on my current wired LPC ABR rattles and the saddles are worn. I couldn't get over the bang for buck thing. Sometimes it is good to be true.
              I measured the old bridge with a digital caliper to blue prints of the new. Should fit right on there.
              Last edited by JMP/HBE; 08-11-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

That's the 2nd con to wired saddles. You can get a sitar effect with them moving around/rattling.

Comment

I'm using Gotoh Nashville. Haven't tried the Wilkinson ABR. I like having the intonation travel of a Nashville. I'm also not one of those cats that has to screw the stoptail down to the wood. IME I think the same minor tonal/sustain differences can be achieved by choosing different metals / parts.

Comment

Bridge is here and its outstanding. For $22 shipped its incredible.
                    Super easy to install, my guitar has never played so well.
                    I didn't realize how outta whack the old one was til now.

Comment

Yup, Wilkinson is definitely the middle ground for hardware (regarding prices). Their tuners are pretty good too.

Comment

Working...
                      X