Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender announces the Brent Mason Telecaster

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/fen...son-telecaster

Brent Mason Telecaster... definitely an iconic Telecaster from the world of country music!

Last edited by PFDarkside; 08-11-2020, 11:06 AM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

That guitar is so ugly it's.....ugly!

Brent sure makes it sound great though.
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

The good news is . . . you can buy all the individual components from 920D Custom, and build your own for a fraction of the cost.

Guitar wiring upgrades and components for serious players around the world. From individual pots and wiring harnesses, to fully loaded pickguards, we can hook you up. Shape your sound.

I've gathered up everything. I just need to muster up the courage to route out that middle pup in my beautiful blue Tele.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender_Tele_BM_project.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	6008836

Comment

I thought there already was one? I know Squier had a tele with a similar layout.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

The good news is . . . you can buy all the individual components from 920D Custom, and build your own for a fraction of the cost.

Guitar wiring upgrades and components for serious players around the world. From individual pots and wiring harnesses, to fully loaded pickguards, we can hook you up. Shape your sound.

I've gathered up everything. I just need to muster up the courage to route out that middle pup in my beautiful blue Tele.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fender_Tele_BM_project.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	6008836
          So you'll need a Glaser String Bender bridge, and Seymour Duncan mini-hum in the neck position, Hot Stack in the middle and Vintage Stack if you're going to go Full Brent Mason.

Comment

So you'll need a Glaser String Bender bridge, and Seymour Duncan mini-hum in the neck position, Hot Stack in the middle and Vintage Stack if you're going to go Full Brent Mason.
            I'm not going to try the bender. It;s beyond my skill level, and it's not something I'm even interested in. I've got the mini-hum. I'm going to go with the Jerry Donahue in the bridge, and I'm not sure what I'm going to put in the middle. It will probably be either an STK-4, which I already have, or I was thinking a tapped QP would be cool also. So, not quite the full monty.

Comment

Sounds like fun! So have you done any magnet swapping yet?

Comment

Sounds like fun! So have you done any magnet swapping yet?
                Still not yet. Every time I get a customers guitar done, two more, or an amp, comes in. I guess since people aren't playing out, they're getting their stuff done.

Comment

Still not yet. Every time I get a customers guitar done, two more, or an amp, comes in. I guess since people aren't playing out, they're getting their stuff done.
                  There are worse things than having business. Are you retired and this is your side project?
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    Are you retired and this is your side project?
                    Yes. Exactly. Although, I was doing it for years while I was still working full time. Right now I have five guitars, two amps, and a vintage Yamaha receiver in. I do vintage audio too.

Comment

I guess since people aren't playing out, they're getting their stuff done.
                      That's what I've doing. My guitars sound better and play better than they ever have and although I'm done now, I've been doing a lot of magnet swapping and learning more about how to get the sounds that work for me.

Comment

I'm trying to do the same. I just got my Pelham Blue LP back from my luthier friend, who did a complete setup for me. That's where the P-Rails are going. Then, (to get somewhat back on topic), I want to get my Brent Mason Tele together.

Comment

Honestly disagree. I saw it and first thought was "sick!" but, to each his own i suppose. lol

Comment

Originally posted by chrisplaysmusic View Post

Honestly disagree. I saw it and first thought was "sick!" but, to each his own i suppose. lol
                            It’s the ultimate utilitarian guitar.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Brent bought the original cheap after someone had painted it battleship gray. Not a very appealing color.

But playing that guitar on sessions made him a millionaire.

And THAT is very appealing!

Comment

Working...
                              X