No announcement yet.

Fender announces the Brent Mason Telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brent Mason is one, (amongst others), that made me come to realize something. I'm not crazy about country music. But it's country singing and lyrics. (Broad brush mind you. I like some.) But I love country pickin'.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Brent Mason is one, (amongst others), that made me come to realize something. I'm not crazy about country music. But it's country singing and lyrics. (Broad brush mind you. I like some.) But I love country pickin'.
      I love country music. But not the crap on country radio. That's unlistenable for the most part.

I think it was Chet Atkins who ruined it. Trying to polish it and sweeten it and make it perfect, when it was already perfectly imperfect.

He took much of the honesty, grit and soul out of it.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
        He took much of the honesty, grit and soul out of it.
        Funny you should say that. I LOVE George Strait. He sounds like that "quarter-in-a-jukebox", out in the middle of nowhere, in a stainless steel diner, kinda music.

Comment

Funny you should say that. I LOVE George Strait. He sounds like that "quarter-in-a-jukebox", out in the middle of nowhere, in a stainless steel diner, kinda music.
          Sure. Willie Nelson too. Marty Stuart. Trisha Yearwood. Many more.

I grew up on country music.

My family is from the hills of West Virginia.

Coal miners.

Here's a shot of my aunts, uncles, grand parents and great grand parents before they moved to Detroit.

That's my Aunt Mary holding the shotgun!
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice. My father's side of the family were Idaho miners. But I have no pics.

Comment

Nice. My father's side of the family were Idaho miners. But I have no pics.
              Miners on both sides of family.

Copper miners on my mom's and coal miner's on my dad's.

Comment

Teachers, doctors, and professors on my mom's side of the family. They met at a USO dance during WWII. It was strange times.

And I think we've hijacked this thread enough.

Comment

Funny. I was talking to Joe Glaser earlier today about this guitar. Joe's personal e-mail address has "52" in it. We started talking about the SD Five-Two pickup and Joe told me some really interesting things about that pickup---which is what Brent used up until the time he was a beta tester for the Tele vintage stack.

Regardless of whether or not you like Country music, I wholeheartedly endorse the Ken Burns Country Music series. It's on PBS and Netflix discs. Watch it. You won't be disappointed.
                  Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                  Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                    Funny. I was talking to Joe Glaser earlier today about this guitar. Joe's personal e-mail address has "52" in it. We started talking about the SD Five-Two pickup and Joe told me some really interesting things about that pickup---which is what Brent used up until the time he was a beta tester for the Tele vintage stack.

Regardless of whether or not you like Country music, I wholeheartedly endorse the Ken Burns Country Music series. It's on PBS and Netflix discs. Watch it. You won't be disappointed.
                    That series is so good I bought it! Hi Evan!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post

I agree- the Ken Burns Country Music doc is wonderful (then watch the Jazz one). I learned a lot about country music that I didn't know (growing up in NJ).
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'll definitely check it out. My wife LOVES country music, so it will be good for her too.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

It’s the ultimate utilitarian guitar.
                          A problem with a lot of these artist models is how they are so customized that while versatile in the right hands they can't be employed correctly by the average player. They often end up modified back to a standard configuration because people don't know what to do with some of the specialized features.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
                            A problem with a lot of these artist models is how they are so customized that while versatile in the right hands they can't be employed correctly by the average player. They often end up modified back to a standard configuration because people don't know what to do with some of the specialized features.
                            Is anyone who isn’t a huge Brent Mason fan going to drop $2500 on it though? It’s like if I bought a Gilmour Strat, I wouldn’t modify it.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think that is the case for any quirky artist model. Fans what exactly what the artist plays. If you water that down, you lose the appeal of the model.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Fender probably won't sell many of them. The Glaser String Bender might throw some people off too. On the other hand, if you're a country picker and a huge Brent Mason fan it might be just what the doctor ordered. I'd love to at least try one!

Comment

Working...
                                X