Brass tailpiece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

What I heard when I switched the zinc tailpiece for aluminum (which is lighter) was a very slightly breathier, airier, more spacious tone. So I don't think the difference you heard was all psychological.
    I swear by aluminum tailpieces for this reason. The difference isn't so noticeable with heavy distortion, but I love what it does for clean tones.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Titanium, for that extra zing.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Titanium, for that extra zing.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
        I'd go with Platinum. Just to be sure .
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

My Ovation Deacon has a brass bridge and is very bright and chimey in comparison to the Breadwinner models with the nylon saddles. Being a 12 string I would say the brass adds a lot to the tone.

Comment

Working...
          X