No announcement yet.

Finally finished up my 2 partscasters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally finished up my 2 partscasters!

Hell yeah!

Hell yeah indeed! Let’s have some details....
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Specs on the blue one: ( I just call them the red one and blue one because no nicknames yet)

Chambered mahogany body with matte open pore finish (2K)
      Spalted Chestnut top Stained with Clou blue & black, natural masked off and scraped binding polished to high gloss
      Tummy cut but no arm contour
      Modern heel contour (I ripped off the idea from a very well known signature model as it is a genius and elegant solution)
      Titanium neck joint bolts
      Birdseye maple neck ( The guy that sold it to me said it is finished in nitro but I'm not sure, its a proper thin and great feeling finish)
      Narrow Tall frets (love these!)
      Wilkinson 50KII bridge with custom made (by me) big brass block
      Gibson GEM active pickups, 50's wiring, NOS PIO tone cap (usa pyramid .36)
      Fender Locking tuners

It's one of the lightest guitars I own, very resonant, alive and anything I hoped for when starting this build. It sounds simply a-mazing,
      There is a grounding issue still to fix though, I get buzz when touching the polepieces and it goes away when I touch any metal part. I did everything else by the book so I must have forgotten one wire or did one wire too much perhaps. I don't like strat pikcguards for this reason alone, there's a lot of back and forward getting it right.
      Last edited by Nightburst; 08-18-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I did a thread when I was building the red one a long time ago but I couldn't find it anymore lol

Anyway here are some specs, the red one:

Ash body with Crimson stunning stains Cherry Red, open pore finish (2k, which is fantastic stuff for guitar bodies IMO)
        Gotoh 510 style bridge with steel block and saddles
        EMG SA & 85
        Nubone nut
        Oil finished neck (just 2 maybe 3 layers only, feels woody and silky)
        Gotoh vintage staggered tuners

Best low end in a guitar I ever played, I'm not a traditional strat player as you might guess. Tone is seriously chunky, unfortunately also a little bit heavy for ash standards. It'll probably end up being my workhorse, its comfortable and versatile.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Nightburst; 08-18-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I like the body on the blue one. Did you buy that or did you carve it yourself?
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Wow, very cool custom instruments with awesome hardware, too. Thanks for sharing!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Both gorgeous, but love the blue-ish one even more. Nice projects.

Comment

those look great
                  Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
                  If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

Glad you guys like them. Now that I have spend some more time with both, I am still just as happy.
                    While the blue one is my no.1 inspiring guitar, the red one has got an amazing tone. Something about the ash body I think. It's heavy but acoustically loud and very alive when playing it sitting down I can feel the notes in my stomach!
                    I really should put in the custom wound pickups again but I like the emg's for now.

The photo's I took don't do the blue top justice, it's a sight to behold in broad daylight!

Comment

I’m a Strat guy, and those are both super cool. Good mix of fancy and utility.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I like that you matched the colour of the trem springs to the body on the red one. That's a nice touch!
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

As I look at this more, I'm leaning towards the red one. (But both are cool.) I like the pup configuration on the red one and the red springs. Are those the FR "noiseless" heavy-duty? I've just discovered them myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X