NGD: Classic Vibe '60s Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    The mint guard looks fantastic! When you feel it resonate like that, you know you have a good hunk of wood and a good build.
    The guard and the strap are perfect for this guitar.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

The guard and the strap are perfect for this guitar.
      Agreed.

Comment

Man, I love that thing and what you've done to it.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Looks good.

LPB also looks incredible with "tort," especially dark tort with the old style wide bevel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	377510-R102024 (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	6014226
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

ItsaBass, that is awesome. Great look.

Comment

You wouldn't think that tort and blue would go together that well. But apparently they do.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                Looks good.

LPB also looks incredible with "tort," especially dark tort with the old style wide bevel.

Click image for larger version Name:	377510-R102024 (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	6014226

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                You wouldn't think that tort and blue would go together that well. But apparently they do.
                I had actually considered going the tort route but I really liked the idea of a mint guard. I think it turned out nice.
                Nope...

Comment

The mint guard is understated. I'm surprised I like it so much, but it adds just the right amount of contrast...classy!

Glad the guitar is working out. Those CV models are the best deal around as far as Fender guitars go. Tasty upgraded you did, too!

Comment

Nice. All Indonesian guitars I’ve tried or owned were as good or better than Chinese made. Things are getting pretty even in the industry.

I’m surprised a 62RI guard fit an import model. Looks like the vintage arm is shorter?

Cool stuff though. I’m sure the pickups are night and day improvement.

Comment

Looks good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	377510-R102024 (3).jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	6014226
                      I’ve never been a fan of a tort guard but I have to admit, it looks awesome on that guitar. Sexy as hell....
                      Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                        Nice. All Indonesian guitars I’ve tried or owned were as good or better than Chinese made. Things are getting pretty even in the industry.

I’m surprised a 62RI guard fit an import model. Looks like the vintage arm is shorter?

Cool stuff though. I’m sure the pickups are night and day improvement.
                        The one screw was off since the guitar unexpectedly came with a post-'63 guard instead of the '62 type, but that's not a big deal. Every other screw lined up.

The arm in the last pics is the Callaham '64 arm, which is a little shorter, but not as short as the Gilmour arm.
                        Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post

The one screw was off since the guitar unexpectedly came with a post-'63 guard instead of the '62 type, but that's not a big deal. Every other screw lined up.

The arm in the last pics is the Callaham '64 arm, which is a little shorter, but not as short as the Gilmour arm.
                          Late style screw spacing is probably a good choice for Fender to have made for a guitar with a Round-Lam neck.

Veneer board with early style screw spacing pegs it pretty tightly to a mid-'62 to early '63 guitar.
                          Last edited by ItsaBass; 09-06-2020, 10:48 PM.
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Late style screw spacing is probably a good choice for Fender to have made for a guitar with a Round-Lam neck.

Veneer board with early style screw spacing pegs it pretty tightly to a mid-'62 to early '63 guitar.
                            Well, here's the funny thing... The early Chinese ones had the lam board but the earlier pickguard. The new Indonesian ones have the later guard but a slab board.

Also, I ordered the pickguard before I received the guitar, expecting it to be the earlier guard screw pattern because that's what all the stock pics have. Honestly didn't care too much, though, since I literally had to punch one additional hole and the old one is hidden under the guard. Everything else lined up just right.
                            Nope...

Comment

Working...
                            X