1996 Fender Telecaster Plus V 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Fender Telecaster Plus V 2

Anybody have any opinions on the Tele Plus with 3 Lace Sensor Golds? A friend has one he’s looking to move, I need a Tele, the Strat setup and tummy cut are appealing...
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Certain versions of that guitar are highly desirable due to one of the Radiohead guys (Johnny Greenwood?) playing it heavily.

They were premium Telecasters of the era, can you play it first?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Certain versions of that guitar are highly desirable due to one of the Radiohead guys (Johnny Greenwood?) playing it heavily.

They were premium Telecasters of the era, can you play it first?
      Johnny Greenwood's Tele Plus is a H/S v1, while the v2 is S/S/S like a Nashville Tele.

I'm not a fan of Gold Lace Sensors, but the guitars are generally pretty solid otherwise. The neck profile and hardware should be essentially identical to an American Standard of the same era.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post

Johnny Greenwood's Tele Plus is a H/S v1, while the v2 is S/S/S like a Nashville Tele.

I'm not a fan of Gold Lace Sensors, but the guitars are generally pretty solid otherwise. The neck profile and hardware should be essentially identical to an American Standard of the same era.
        H/S with dual Lace in the bridge?

I hated the Lace Sensors in my Deluxe Strat Plus, as soon as Duncan’s went in I thought it was miles better. However, a lot of people like them.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

H/S with dual Lace in the bridge?
          The v1s had a Red Lace Sensor Dually in the bridge.

I generally don't care for Lace Sensors (especially the Golds), but longcat has a partscaster based on Billy Corgan's Bat Strat, with a Red / Silver / Blue set that sounds great. I have the same set in my Yamaha Pacifica 12-string.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Yeah, I’ll get to play it first. My first actual Fender Strat was a MIM with the Red/Silver/Blue set, and I liked those a lot, but that was like 15 years ago, and my tastes have changed a lot.

And yeah, the Johnny Greenwood version is the more popular one, but I’m looking forward to trying this one out.

Thanks for the input.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Played the Tele, probably gonna buy it. Haven’t worked out a deal yet, but I liked it a lot. Was playing through an old Peavey Delta Blues, which was also pretty sweet.

Comment

Delta Blues...probably the only Peavey that I like.

Any reason you want a Tele but with a Strat setup? I would just rather go for a true Tele if that's where your heart is, or a Strat...unless you're specifically looking for a compromise between the two.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                X