$150,000 worth of "Creed" guitars stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $150,000 worth of "Creed" guitars stolen

I would like to know how much insurance Scott had on these guitars. Unless they were some old school Les Pauls, Strat or some sort of PRS Dragon I dont' know where he arrived at their values.

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.
    2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Re: $150,000 worth of "Creed" guitars stolen

on one hand, stealing guitars is low.... on the other and creed is awful.... its a moral cuandry for sure
    i own stuff

Comment

Silly to leave these guitars in the trunk of the car - even if it was at your home and presumably not lock the car. Should have taken the guitars out or had some sort of security around.

I don't condone what happened and hope they get the guys ... you do not fool around or steal other peoples axes.
      Normans Guitars

Comment

It's too bad that the guitars were stolen, but Scott Stapp is a notorious a**hole.

In one word I'd call it Karma.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how those guitars amounted to $150,000. Unless the frets were 24 karat gold, even custom built guitars by some of the finest builders in the world don't cost that much...insurance fraud anyone?

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

they were owned by scott stapp...that automatically increases their value...

Originally posted by jeremy
            God hates bad guitar tone
            GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
            AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
            EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
            Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
              I'm still trying to figure out how those guitars amounted to $150,000. Unless the frets were 24 karat gold, even custom built guitars by some of the finest builders in the world don't cost that much...insurance fraud anyone?

Ryan
              Average worth of $37,500 apiece.
              -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
              I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust
                It's too bad that the guitars were stolen, but Scott Stapp is a notorious a**hole.

In one word I'd call it Karma.
                ROTFLMFAO!
                Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

I hate thieves too...

but...

... will it stop Creed from making commercial-bonbon-candy-tuff-looking-but-wimpy-gay music ?

I hate such bands... in fact, I hate all the bands who try to emulate each others voice/style/sound... you know... it all started with in the early 90's with Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots, which were all great, then, it seems like every commercial rock singer now HAS to emulate the same voices.... that sux ... everytime I turn on the radio, I really think they play the same song all day long... or was it the Repeat function on my CD player :O no.. I dont have such music
                  Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty
                    Average worth of $37,500 apiece.
                    Actually 2 of the guitars are worth $150,000 - so it should be approx $75,000 a piece. Wonder about the other 2 then - worthless?? see below for the extract from the link:

Four guitars worth more than $150,000 were stolen from the Miami Beach home of one of the members of the rock band Creed, police say.

Miami Beach police are asking for the public's help in the search for the missing instruments, which were reportedly taken May 11 from the trunk of a car that was parked in the driveway of the Miami Beach home.

Police say two of the instruments were custom made and have a combined retail value of $150,000. Police have released a description of the two guitars. One is black with the word "prototype" and the numeral "4" written across the back part of the neck. The other guitar is gold with the words "custom built for Scott Stapp" written on the neck.
                    Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14

Ryan
                      I've seen Old Les Pauls for $75K+ on ebay. Maybe they were collectors items. Very sad thing.....Although If I knew I had $150K worth of valuables in my car I wouldn't leave it on the trunk even if it is parked inside my garage.......There is no respect at all for others peoples property
                      Gear:
                      Gauge Custom Guitars Double Cutaway
                      1988 Strat (copy)
                      Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w
                      Voodoo amps 20:20 and 50:50 cables
                      Bob Burt Custom CabinetsCustom 2x12 cab

For Sale:

Comment

This is an example not as high as a 50's or early 60's Les Paul. But can give you an Idea on how high they can go in price.

Gear:
                        1988 Strat (copy)
                        Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by pureoldsound
                          I've seen Old Les Pauls for $75K+ on ebay. Maybe they were collectors items. Very sad thing.....Although If I knew I had $150K worth of valuables in my car I wouldn't leave it on the trunk even if it is parked inside my garage.......There is no respect at all for others peoples property
                          True, there are guitars that are worth that much. I just assumed that someone who obviously owned several of them would have enough common sense not to leave them lying around just anywhere.

Ryan
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

isnt it bad to leave a guitar in ur trunk anyway?

it sucks, but he is just stupid...
                            Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
                            Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
                            Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
                            Crate VC-3112
                            Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
                            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Here is another;

Gear:
                              1988 Strat (copy)
                              Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w