banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wall Guitar Hangers - Anyone Ever Use This One?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Guitar Hangers - Anyone Ever Use This One?

I want to make a blacklight poster wall with these guitar hangers, but I want to know if they will secure my guitars okay. Has anyone tried these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200831-112645_Chrome.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	6013404
    Soundcloud

I've never seen those before, but at $115 a pop, I hope you don't own many guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      I've never seen those before, but at $115 a pop, I hope you don't own many guitars.
      Well, my plan is to hang my daily rotation up on the wall. So, every guitar I actually play every day. Right now that is 3 guitars and 1 bass. By November, it will likely be 5 guitars and 2 basses.
      Soundcloud

Comment

I like the hercules grabbers in the metal triangles. 3 big wood screws in hardwood and you could probably do pullups off of it. (well if you had one for each hand lol)

I do have one guitar that doesn't "work" with them. It's my carvin dc125 with a reverse pointy head. The 1st string's locking-tuner jams into the foam and actually bears a bit of the weight. It's not enough to break it by any means, and you wouldn't even know it was happening because it will still hang straight,,,,,,,,,but still it's not good in premise, so that guitar gets the floor stand or one of my two well-padded "throne" chairs. They were out of a retiring local eye doctor's office like brand new with those velvet soft floral cushion covers. I snagged the pair for $80 and they just make the best guitar stands. Holds the guitar at about an 80-degree angle while equally supporting the body wings and neck near the nut. That's really what ya call "the life" for an instrument!
        Last edited by dave74; 09-01-2020, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I wish I had a hanger wide enough to hang my 50-something Supro lap steel from.

It's too wide to fit into a standard hanger.

I use these: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg
          Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-01-2020, 05:30 AM.
          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

They're no better than a $5 string swing. You're paying for the unique esthetics.

Nope. Not for me.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              They're no better than a $5 string swing. You're paying for the unique esthetics.

Nope. Not for me.
              Lol, of course you are paying for the aesthetics. That is the ENTIRE point. Some people appreciate artistic vision, some do not. It holds a lot of value to some while others would be happy if everything around them is cheap and identical.

I enjoy variety. I also prefer to opt for the marble counter, not the plywood option. Maybe showmanship is not for you, but here are a few people who do understand the value of showmanship:

Jimi Hendrix
              Prince
              Ozzy
              Billy Idol
              Jimmy Page

Should I continue? None of those artists would ever use the lowest price to make their purchase decisions. Style is worth more than 5 bucks. Period.
              Soundcloud

Comment

I do not use wall hangers because I do not want the guitars visible from the street.

Comment

To anyone who ever brings up low prices as a reason to proclaim why sniffing cork is not for them:

Take a step back and gain some perspective. By simply implying saving money automatically makes your mentality/approach/buying decisions better... you are also sniffing cork. Being a snob about low prices is still an act of snobbery. Food for thought...
                  Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    I do not use wall hangers because I do not want the guitars visible from the street.
                    This I understand. Mine will be in a true dungeon. A true sub-basement. No chance of street visibility in this case.
                    Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post

Lol, of course you are paying for the aesthetics. That is the ENTIRE point. Some people appreciate artistic vision, some do not. It holds a lot of value to some while others would be happy if everything around them is cheap and identical.

I enjoy variety. I also prefer to opt for the marble counter, not the plywood option. Maybe showmanship is not for you, but here are a few people who do understand the value of showmanship:

Jimi Hendrix
                      Prince
                      Ozzy
                      Billy Idol
                      Jimmy Page

Should I continue? None of those artists would ever use the lowest price to make their purchase decisions. Style is worth more than 5 bucks. Period.
                      Hey, put your attitude in a bucket (or any other place that you find useful)!

First of all, any of those artists have/had 100 times the money you or I have to spend on their tools of the trade. I have to be a bit more practical about how I spend my money. That being said, I'm not opposed to a splurge now and then. If YOU like it enough to pay over $120 for it, go right ahead. No problem. No big deal. It's just not for "ME". Isn't that what I said in my post that you're so upset about?!

I absolutely appreciate aesthetics, uniqueness, and variety. In fact, there aren't any other guitars quite like the ones I build. I never said or even implied that I don't like it or wouldn't want to own it...but just not at that price. My point was that maybe they're charging WAY too much for it's uniqueness (which really isn't THAT unique)...
                      https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...73665000001000
                      Last edited by GuitarDoc; 09-03-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post
                        To anyone who ever brings up low prices as a reason to proclaim why sniffing cork is not for them:

Take a step back and gain some perspective. By simply implying saving money automatically makes your mentality/approach/buying decisions better... you are also sniffing cork. Being a snob about low prices is still an act of snobbery. Food for thought...
                        It would only be "food for thought" if you were right or if it were worth thinking about.

Being practical/conservative/reasonable/living within your means/realistic is not snobbery. If it were a way of life and promoted as the only or best way to look at things and any other perspective has less value, you might have a point. But you really ought to know what you are talking about before you get on your soapbox and start flapping your gums at me.

I guess if you've only got 3 guitars and one bass you might have plenty of spare cash to spend as frivolously as you like. And I'm not degrading THAT either. Certainly do what makes you happy and let others do what makes them happy without YOU ranting all over them.

My original post (read it again) was NOT directed at you or anybody else. It was NOT judgemental. It was NOT negative. It was NOT imposing my beliefs on you or anyone else. It was NOT cork sniffing or snobbery in any stretch of the definition (look up the definition and learn something). It was merely a statement of fact (guitar hangers CAN be purchased for $5 and the additional cost is indeed for its uniqueness, not better functionality...which was what you were asking about in the first place), and that I, personally, would not buy it. Period.
                        Last edited by GuitarDoc; 09-03-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

It's your thing...do what you wanna do...

Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-03-2020, 06:49 AM.
                          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

^ Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

It would only be "food for thought" if you were right or if it were worth thinking about.

Being practical/conservative/reasonable/living within your means/realistic is not snobbery. If it were a way of life and promoted as the only or best way to look at things and any other perspective has less value, you might have a point. But you really ought to know what you are talking about before you get on your soapbox and start flapping your gums at me.

I guess if you've only got 3 guitars and one bass you might have plenty of spare cash to spend as frivolously as you like. And I'm not degrading THAT either. Certainly do what makes you happy and let others do what makes them happy without YOU ranting all over them.

My original post (read it again) was NOT directed at you or anybody else. It was NOT judgemental. It was NOT negative. It was NOT imposing my beliefs on you or anyone else. It was NOT cork sniffing or snobbery in any stretch of the definition (look up the definition and learn something). It was merely a statement of fact (guitar hangers CAN be purchased for $5 and the additional cost is indeed for its uniqueness, not better functionality...which was what you were asking about in the first place), and that I, personally, would not buy it. Period.
                              It looks like you took my advice so personal, you decided to take some shots at me. You are a legend around here, so reporting you will not do anything.

However, thank you for publicly displaying that it is impossible for some old men to gain perspective. Take it easy man, and yes, dtinking cheap wine still involves cork sniffing no matter how you twist it to match your agenda.
                              Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X