Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Seriously? An Ibby MIJ Edge? Why?
    Those original Edges are hot commodities. Look them up on Reverb and eBay.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

I got mine from backdoor listing for equivalent of 75 US dollars. Complete set with locking nut, spring clamp and cavity cover, etc. Most likely intended for Ibanez seafoam green Jem.

Comment

What a beautiful guitar!

I'd love to own one myself.

I almost got to buy a beautiful, dark green metallic S-series , 10 years ago. Maple fretboard... I still regret I didn't buy it!

Old Ibanezes, to my experience, are much better than the newer ones.

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          The problem is . . . it's not like I'm going to rip it out and sell it separately.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

The problem is . . . it's not like I'm going to rip it out and sell it separately.
            Nor should you.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
              What a beautiful guitar!

Old Ibanezes, to my experience, are much better than the newer ones.

How so? Old Ibanezes with tremolo most likely have crack on the back of the headstock by now due to the rear mounted nut.

Plus, back in the days the cheap ones come with POS pickups, INF and Powersound level crap. These days even the entry level ones come with Dimarzios.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

How so? Old Ibanezes with tremolo most likely have crack on the back of the headstock by now due to the rear mounted nut.

Plus, back in the days the cheap ones come with POS pickups, INF and Powersound level crap. These days even the entry level ones come with Dimarzios.
                The guitar in question isn’t a cheap one, and the current cheap ones still have crap pickups and hardware.

Comment

The pickups in this thing aren't bad. But neither are they distinctive. They're just there. They do their job. I'd never change them, simply because I want to keep this thing original.

Comment

The Edge is what makes it better than every sub-1500 ibby excepting the genesis models.

The value of the guitar would depend greatly on the condition of the trem.

If its pitted, corroded, and rusted, then it is <75 for the trem. If its in relatively new condition, then 300. Everyone is looking to swap their old corroded Edge for a better one. You cant easily buy new ones like you can with a FR.

Comment

^Lol...I got mine brand new. Did I not say it was intended for Ibanez seafoam green Jem. I got it through backdoor listing (if you know what I mean), that's why it was so cheap. I got my Gravity Storm set in bllue and an assortment of SDs (JB, Hot Rail, Jazz, 59) also in this fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                        The Ibanez RG350 and RG470 are solid guitars for the money. They can be had in that price range all day long. They aren't MIJ but don't let that steer you away.
                        They are, except for the Floyd. My S670 would not stay in tune. My tech went over it. no dice. It was sent back to Ibanez who replaced several part and reworked a number of things. Still would not stay in tune. I ended up getting a trem stop from FU-Tone.com. It will only dive now but at least it returns to pitch. I did a lot of research in midst of all of that and discovered its not an uncommon problem. The trems on those mid level instruments are very hit or miss. It took a while but I finally came across a very clean 1993 S540LTD. If you must have a trem, find something used with one of the better tremolo units and make sure its in good working order

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                          Actually, both of you are kind of right.

It's actually a modification of the previous year's "Roadstar" body shape that was tested prior to the introduction of the formal "RG" in the shape we know today. Think of it as a production version of the "original" RG prototype. They smoothed out the horns, moved the pickups forward and left the body edges more square, but you can see from the general outline, the body routing to accommodate the extra frets and the old-style control cavity plate that this was really an original "Roadstar" body at its core.

1986-88 was the most exciting period at Ibanez and they were trying all sorts of new things. Many of these concepts came from the mind of Rich Lasner and the other guys out of the L.A. custom shop, who were regularly modifying bodies and sending their ideas to Hoshino in Japan. They actually created the Maxxas, RG, JEM, 540P and the Radius, which later became the Joe Satriani model. Basically, all the models that Ibanez is known for today, LOL!

BTW, Rich Lasner went on to design the Yamaha Pacifica, the Modulus guitars, and many others. Seriously cool stuff.
                          Mr. Vai might have had a wee influence on the RG's,,,,

Comment

I can assure you from first hand experience the lower models are not loaded with Dimarzio's. They may mfg them for Ibanez, but they are not Dimarzio's.

Comment

^Lol...I got mine brand new. Did I not say it was intended for Ibanez seafoam green Jem. I got it through backdoor listing (if you know what I mean), that's why it was so cheap. I got my Gravity Storm set in bllue and an assortment of SDs (JB, Hot Rail, Jazz, 59) also in this fashion.
                              Does backdoor listing mean stolen?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Dennis View Post

I can assure you from first hand experience the lower models are not loaded with Dimarzio's. They may mfg them for Ibanez, but they are not Dimarzio's.
                                Okay I may exaggerate a bit.Actually I meant, even non Jap models come with Dimarzio while it used to be only on Presitge ones. There are Indonesian models come with Dimarzio Fusion and Dimarzio/ Ibz. The Ibz is a real deal made by Dimarzio. People hate it but that's another matter.

I also have a RG3XXV, blue one, come stock with D Activator and Air Norton single. Indonesian made, very very cheap about 5 bills. Not MIJ but killer looking guitar for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X