PRS SE277 semi-hollow P90 baritone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS SE277 semi-hollow P90 baritone

I've had my PRS SE277 semi-hollow for a while now and it's truly one of the most unique instruments I've ever owned in terms of looks, features and sound! I mean, it's a semi-hollow baritone with P90's for crikey's sake!

Before I got this one I had purchased a used sunburst SE277 with the old 'SE' logo on the headstock. I was SO impressed with that guitar that I simply wanted more! So I went looking and I found this semi-hollow at a discount over at Andertons. This guitar was way too cheap for the value fwiw! Anyway, so like I said, it's unique so it doesn't sound like any other baritone. I especially love it for clean and low-gain music but I was surprised at how well it handles heavy riffs, as long as it's paired with the right amp and cab/IR.

Since this guitar is so unique it also inspires me to write music that maybe is a little bit different in some ways. That's why I would recommend something like this to everyone, especially if you're only into the 'chugs'. This guitar worked really well together with my Orange OR15 for some reason, love how they compliment each other.

Here's a short demo/review video where I also talk a little bit about the guitar and stuff:

I would really like to have one of these but in standard scale, that would be cool but I don't think PRS has ever made them... maybe I'm wrong? Who else has one?? SE277 fans UNITE!!
    Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
    OwnHammer.com

Sweet tone. Nice guitar. It would be fun to add a baritone to my stable. I like your videos on YT. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Hi Guitarjon !

Thanks for mentioning this cool guitar. I bought one new in 2017 and did a post about it.
      But it seems no one was so interested in a P90 Semi-Hollow baritone because baritones are seen as an high gain modern metal guitar.
      I made a long list of Baritone because getting that one. And a few month later they release fours models with fancy veneers (spalted maple, zebra wood and the like)

This guitar can sounds like Robert Smith in The Cure "Faith" (Bass VI) or make of wall of sound like Wata of the japanese band Boris.

JS. Bach Luth pieces sounds so nice on it (for the small portion of these works I can play). The Luth were mostly tuned in C.

Last thing The PRS SE 277 SH Soapbar is made to be tuned in B but works very well in A# (like any 25"5 can do bothe E and D#)

Tell me if you do a pickup swap. I plan to try Duncan's hot P90 on it some day...
      Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
      X