I am tempted to buy this CS one-off Gibson LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am tempted to buy this CS one-off Gibson LP

Right as I am trying to get my sh!t together to place an order with Orpheo for some LPs... the universe throws a serious curve my way with this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200902-105006_eBay.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	6013931
    Soundcloud

Somebody please buy this to remove the temptation!
    Soundcloud

Comment

I love that. You should do it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I love that. You should do it.
        I love it too! Lol, thanks for being so helpful!
        Soundcloud

Comment

My biggest concern is I believe this will be the 2nd time this guitar has been listed for sale. Why? Is it too expensive for the owners to want to play it, or, is it a dud?

Nothing I ever order from orpheo will be a dud. So... there is that whole roll of the dice to consider.
          Soundcloud

Comment

I was always too much of a straight shooter to be a real businessman, but ishould really look into the idea of stocking some rare blue LP guitars and selling them for good profit to some guy who can't resist buying such monstrosities...

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
              I was always too much of a straight shooter to be a real businessman, but ishould really look into the idea of stocking some rare blue LP guitars and selling them for good profit to some guy who can't resist buying such monstrosities...
              Lol, I think you are on to me. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the intuition of a good sales person with great business acumen. He knows his target market.
              Soundcloud

Comment

Hard pass for me. The listing is thin of details. Pictures are small/far away. Why gamble on this guitar when you can get exactly what you want for Orpheo? Only two reasons... it says "Gibson" and you can get right away. I would stay away. Plus, seller is even trying to get $150 for shipping. Jeez. On a $4500 guitar (just add into the price and make it free shipping). Just seems like a slimy/off listing to me.

-=The Dali
                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
                  Hard pass for me. The listing is thin of details. Pictures are small/far away. Why gamble on this guitar when you can get exactly what you want for Orpheo? Only two reasons... it says "Gibson" and you can get right away. I would stay away. Plus, seller is even trying to get $150 for shipping. Jeez. On a $4500 guitar (just add into the price and make it free shipping). Just seems like a slimy/off listing to me.
                  I agree with your assesment. My first hunch was that it was a fake. However, further research reveals this same model being listed on Reverb in the past. It all checks out, so does the serial number.

I could care less what name is on the headstock (I primarily play Warmoth singlecuts)... but I do love the blue on this guitar. You are right though, orpheo is better.
                  Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Aces View Post

Lol, I think you are on to me. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the intuition of a good sales person with great business acumen. He knows his target market.
                    Shoot, you shattered my "I'm not good at business, you can trust me" mask in no time...

Comment

I think these are ordered from specific shops, right? I found a purple one and a red one when I was searching for alternative binding/headstock inlays. The tough thing is that you realize what it is at the end of the day and that’s a lot of money for it.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                        I think these are ordered from specific shops, right? I found a purple one and a red one when I was searching for alternative binding/headstock inlays. The tough thing is that you realize what it is at the end of the day and that’s a lot of money for it.
                        Yeah. The mentality I have is that orpheo's guitars offer tremendous value for the money. You are truly getting a superior instrument from him. At the end of the day, this specific Gibson is just a glorified Les Paul. Other than the color, there is nothing special about it. At all. I agree with your assesment 100%.
                        Soundcloud

Comment

I think a lot of guys that drop $5K on guitars like this either 1) end up with a bit of buyer's remorse after the excitement wears off or 2) find something else that catches their fancy, so they sell it on to fund the next big thing. There's probably nothing wrong with the guitar and it probably wasn't played much.

That said, it's not necessarily "made to your specifications" like a truly custom guitar would be

Plus, in the end, it's really just a $2K LP with a $400 paint job

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                            I think a lot of guys that drop $5K on guitars like this either 1) end up with a bit of buyer's remorse after the excitement wears off or 2) find something else that catches their fancy, so they sell it on to fund the next big thing. There's probably nothing wrong with the guitar and it probably wasn't played much.

That said, it's not necessarily "made to your specifications" like a truly custom guitar would be
                            I agree. The voice of reason is winning so far in this thread. Plus... orpheo can do the custom inlay I want. He has already begun doing it on the bass I ordered and now I want that on my guitars as well.
                            Soundcloud

Comment

And also if you check the pic of the the back of the headstock, it seems to me in the reflection of the tuners that the guy making the pic doesn't seem to have clothes on. Steer clear!

Comment

Working...
                              X