banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy I'd love to have one of these someday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
    Doesn't have the fingerboard extension on the treble side that I'm used to seeing on a Model T. I'm going to ask Rick about it. I wonder if it's a real Turner?

Click image for larger version Name:	s-l1000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	6014719
    So that's a Hipshot tailpiece probably installed by Turner Guitars for the original owner. Looks to be the real deal!
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Just got a reply from from Rick Turner and he says it's real! And an old one! He got a kick out of seeing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        That's a helluva lotta controls for a 1-pup guitar! What in the world do they all do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rick_Turner.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	6014684
        volume and tone, piezo volume, and active mid eq

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          Ah. I missed the piezo part. Still, a lot of controls.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

Yep. The EQ has two controls. One selects the frequency you want to boost. The other is the degree of boost. The mini switch turns the EQ on or off and a little red LED lights up when its on. Very cool for going from clean chord tones to a boosted sound for solos.

The piezo blend is the knob up on top where the pickup selector switch would be on a Les Paul.

Turning it all the way "up" is humbucker only. All the way "down" is piezo only.

Any setting in-between blends them together.

Adding piezo to the humbucker makes it start sounding like a bridge pickup because the piezo is in the bridge.

Also adds breath and more of an acoustic tone.

It has a lot of range and works beautifully!

Personally, I think they're the most versatile guitar I've ever played.
            Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-05-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Here's what the Turner Renaissance Steel String guitar usually looks like with "normal" wood. These are what you normally see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	118651453_10223137905221225_5307299886204150828_o.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	6014813

Comment

Nice. Is the one on the left much smaller? Or is it just the angle. (P.S. The reflection on the left, makes it look like you spilled white paint on it.)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  Nice. Is the one on the left much smaller? Or is it just the angle. (P.S. The reflection on the left, makes it look like you spilled white paint on it.)
                  It's the just the angle. If you're on Facebook there's a Rick Turner Guitar Owner's page that I subscribe to. That's where most of the info and photos I posted came from in this thread. And Rick might be the moderator because he usually answers questions when asked.

Comment

Working...
                  X