NGD: 2008 LTD M-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 2008 LTD M-1000

Did some swapping, back into a Floyd guitar for the first time in maybe a decade or more. It’s trans-black, more abalone fanciness than I care for, but plays like a dream.

It’s been banged up a little, but the frets and neck are nearly perfect, and has the silliest low action. With 10-52 strings in standard, not much over 1mm at the 12th on both sides, you can bend any note to anything and it doesn’t fret out anywhere.

I may end up trying different pickups, but the dual 81s do all the metal goodness you could expect. The original Floyd set up with ease, and obviously does its job well. I Steve Vai’d the hell out of it last night, and it stayed perfectly in tune.

Since there’s no need for a tone knob on this sort of guitar, I’m ditching that.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

It's too bad it turned out to be such a horrible guitar. I'll relent to paying the shipping if you want to send it to me just to get rid of the lemon.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I know, right?

Seriously though, I kind of want to get a second one to leave in a lower tuning. This is the third neck thru guitar I’ve owned, and easily the best.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Why are you so sure It's a neck thtru? I reckon it's a set-neck machined to perfect curve making it feels like a neck thru, like Schecter C-1 you know. I mean, being cheap LTD...

I just AB-ed EMG 81/ 85 with Distortion/ Jazz, and I liked the EMGs better, louder and more pronounced. You should keep yours on.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
          Why are you so sure It's a neck thtru? I reckon it's a set-neck machined to perfect curve making it feels like a neck thru, like Schecter C-1 you know. I mean, being cheap LTD...

I just AB-ed EMG 81/ 85 with Distortion/ Jazz, and I liked the EMGs better, louder and more pronounced. You should keep yours on.
          It has a transparent finish, and the neck wood is visible through the back. They probably printed a veneer to make it look like that, though, rather than just advertise it as a set thru, as they do with lots of other models.

Comment

Congrats on the M-1000, got me gas'ing harder for a MH-1000 than I was before.
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Are there pics I can't see?

Comment

Not yet, but I’ll try to remember to take some later on.

Always loved the MH as well. I’m kicking around selling my more expensive mandolin, and I want to buy the red sparkle Ouija guitar in the classifieds. The KH Ouija is one I’ve wanted since like 1994, haha.

Comment

Had a red sparkle guitar, color didnt last long. I want the trans purple MH or EC
                  1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                  Jackson Soloist 7 string
                  ESP LTD M-400
                  Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Working...
                  X