Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHARE YOUR PARTSCASTERS!

Well fellas, let's see 'em!

This was a second-hand Squier I picked up around 2000 – ye olde beginning fo the century. It was basically free, as it was a bit banged up and had been sloppily painted green and turned into somebody's punk rock beater axe.

I sanded off the green paint as best I could, and found weird splotches of red underneath it, as well as its originally cream color (!)

It was SSS when i bought it, but the original pickups are long gone. This was my original partscaster, and how I got my feet wet with gutting / wiring a guitar. My first move was to make it HSH using the stock hum buckers that I'd taken out of my Epiphone LP. I remember thinking that it sounded great, and it ignited my obsession with modding. I've since wired and rewired this baby multiple times over the years, and for a while, she was actually partly disassembled and collecting dust. Well, I have quite the parts box these days, and I had a few solid pickups that needed a home, so here's her latest iteration:

Bones
    -maple neck/ fretboard - an eBay neck I bought for $30 after selling the original Squier neck for about $80
    -unknown body material (possibly agathis from what I've read. This was probably a late 90s squier, and is an iteration with a full thickness body, not the slimmer bodies I've seen on more recent squiers, and with an oversized, 70s style headstock)
    -Maple cavity block – a maple block cut to fill the trem cavity

Hardware
    -GFS 4x2 gotoh style locking tuners
    -hardtail bridge with brass saddles

Electronics
    -Bridge: Burstbucker 3 w/ A6 magnet
    -Middle: Duncan SSL-6
    -Neck: '59 w/ A3 magnet
    -Volume pot: 500k w/ built in killswitch (for that buckethead / tom morello stutter sound)
    -Tone 1: No load 500k audio taper master treble cut w/ push/push "blower switch" (sends the bridge humbucker straight to the output, regardless of what the pickup switch / volume and tone knobs are set to)
    -Tone 2: 1M audio taper master BASS cut know w/ push/push phase control for the middle single coil pickup
    -5-way strat switch with a 680k resistor wired from the bridge lug to ground, to roll off a little extra treble from the bridge humbucker (the blower switch on the tone knob bypasses this, effectively brightening the bridge pickup to cut through a little more)

And voila!__PRESENT
    Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
    Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
    Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
    Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
    Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
    Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
    Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
    Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
    Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
    PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Here is my Warmoth. The body is swamp ash and flame maple (chambered) with a wenge/bloodwood/ebony neck with SS frets. The pickups are a 59/Custom Hybrid, Five Two and CLassic Stack. I also put in a Bladerunner trem.
    This is a blog about the wiring scheme.
    This is a blog about the wood choices.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0832.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	6015991Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1217.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	6015992
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

These are mine. The natural one is a Warmoth neck / Chandler alder body with Gotoh hardware and Screamin' Demon pickups. It was built in 1993 and has seen quite a bit of pickup changes but the Screamin' Demons are staying. They work great in this guitar. Simple 3-way toggle (1-Bridge series, 2-Bridge and Neck, 3-Neck series), no splitting.

The blue one is all Warmoth with an alder body and roasted maple neck, Gotoh hardware. It was built in 2019 after selling off what was a Tele partsocaster. Earlier this year the neck was changed to the roasted maple. It started out with only the Perpetual Burn in the bridge and a push/pull but now it has a Whole Lotta Humbucker neck added, 5-way super-switch and tone control on the bridge only (though that may change). The 5-way goes like this: 1-Bridge series, 2-Bridge split to slug coil, 3-Bridge and Neck, 4-Neck split to screw coil, 5-Neck series.
      Last edited by ErikH; 09-12-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

That is a wonderful blue color that I am starting to see more and more on all kinds of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          That is a wonderful blue color that I am starting to see more and more on all kinds of things.
          Thanks. Yes, it is a beautiful shade. The official name is Tao Turquoise.

Comment

Here's mine. Lightweight swamp ash body and maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. The neck was too thick so I reshaped it. Feels perfect now. Thicker than a thin neck but not so "D" shaped. Duncan Antiquity Surfer neck and middle. Lindy Fralin Steel Pole 43 bridge. It's a great guitar!

That's my 1960 Fender Harvard/Princeton. 60 years old! Harvard cab with one 10" speaker and Princeton chassis. It's the amp that was in the lesson room at Hewitt's Music in Detroit, Michigan where I grew up. Took lessons on it in High School back in 1966 and 67.

I visited the place again in the 1980's and it was still there in the lesson room. So I bought it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (5).jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.3 KB ID:	6016106Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (6).jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.3 KB ID:	6016107

Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-11-2020, 08:48 AM.
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Name:	65748844_10157518257977053_82140077009928192_o.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	6016335
              Double-bound Surf Green alder Custom Telecaster body, rosewood-boarded maple neck, vintage Gotoh tuners. Wilkinson bridge, with brass compensated saddles. SD Five-Two bridge pickup, Psyclone Vintage neck with the tone control only affecting the bridge pickup. It's been my go-to guitar for the last 18 months or so.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

“I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I love seeing these. There are some amazing individual instruments here.

Comment

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 1.45.57 PM.png
Views:	250
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	6016427
                    Pink one is a Rosser body with a Warmoth fatback neck and a BG1400 in the bridge

USA one is a Tony Delacugo body with a fat Allparts neck, Jerry Donahue in the bridge and a str-1 in the neck
                    Last edited by superpete; 09-12-2020, 11:36 AM. Reason: why do my pics look so small?
                    Quality riffs in about a minute...
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	6016590
                      Warmoth figured Swamp Ash, homemade copper pickguard, Seymour Duncan Antiquites, Warmoth roasted flamed Maple neck

Name:	IMG_0153.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	6016591
                      Stew Mac thinline body custom homemade brass top with lightning bolt sound hole, Warmoth roasted Maple neck, unidentified patent applied for neck pickup, Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 and vintage Bill Lawrence tele pickup

Name:	IMG_0202.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	6016592
                      Warmoth Black Korina capped with Padouk, Bill Lawrence neck pickup, Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 and Jerry Donahue pickups

Name:	IMG_0448.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	6016593
                      Warmoth Alder capped with Quilted Maple, (neck has been changed to a Fender Maple neck) Seymour Duncan Vintage pickups

Name:	IMG_0450.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	6016594
                      Warmoth Black Korina body, seymour Duncan Vintage P90s and Dimebag Darrell pickups, Warmoth roasted Maple neck

Name:	IMG_2214.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	6016595
                      Warmoth Black Korina, Warmoth roasted Maple neck, custom volume pot rout and switch, Seymour Duncan PhatCat neck and Custom 5 bridge, Warmoth roasted Maple neck with Bloodwood fretboard

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	6016596
                      Warmoth Black Korina capped with Bloodwood, Warmoth Bloodwood neck with Rosewood fretboard and Canary skunk stripe, Seymour Duncan Antiquities

And so many more....................

Comment

My kind of thread! There have been many but the three below are the ones I currently have retained....

2009 Charvel USA San Dimas Neck/NOS 1989 Kramer Sambora Signature Body

1983 Kramer Voyager Left Maple Neck/1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe Two Piece Center Joined Maple Body

2016 Warmoth Birdseye Maple Neck/2016 Tone Bomb Guitarworks One Piece Heavy Northern Ash Maple Body

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 09-13-2020, 09:50 AM.
                        MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                        1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                        1988 Kramer Nightswan
                        1989 Charvel Sambora
                        2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                        Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                        Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

My number one guitar, MIM Fender Stratocaster body, Warmoth Vintage Modern neck with 10-16" radius, Hantug Custom Guitars vintage style bridge, with brass baseplate, Ti sustain block, and Ti saddes, KGC brass angled trem claw, Gotoh HAPM locking staggered tuners, TUSQ nut, and a Seymour Duncan Custom Shop customised IM1, with a little extra output and tightness over the stock build. I got this pickup back when I was writing for the SD blog. It's absolutely killer.
                          http://www.lonephantom.com
                          http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	6016590
                            Warmoth figured Swamp Ash, homemade copper pickguard, Seymour Duncan Antiquites, Warmoth roasted flamed Maple neck

Name:	IMG_0153.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	6016591
                            Stew Mac thinline body custom homemade brass top with lightning bolt sound hole, Warmoth roasted Maple neck, unidentified patent applied for neck pickup, Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 and vintage Bill Lawrence tele pickup

Name:	IMG_0202.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	6016592
                            Warmoth Black Korina capped with Padouk, Bill Lawrence neck pickup, Seymour Duncan Vintage P90 and Jerry Donahue pickups

Name:	IMG_0448.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	6016593
                            Warmoth Alder capped with Quilted Maple, (neck has been changed to a Fender Maple neck) Seymour Duncan Vintage pickups

Name:	IMG_0450.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	6016594
                            Warmoth Black Korina body, seymour Duncan Vintage P90s and Dimebag Darrell pickups, Warmoth roasted Maple neck

Name:	IMG_2214.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	6016595
                            Warmoth Black Korina, Warmoth roasted Maple neck, custom volume pot rout and switch, Seymour Duncan PhatCat neck and Custom 5 bridge, Warmoth roasted Maple neck with Bloodwood fretboard

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	6016596
                            Warmoth Black Korina capped with Bloodwood, Warmoth Bloodwood neck with Rosewood fretboard and Canary skunk stripe, Seymour Duncan Antiquities

And so many more....................

Brother, I truly admire your creativity, and the fact that your personal touches are all over those instruments, not just layered on top a little bit. Nicely done!
                            __PRESENT
                            Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
                            Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
                            Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
                            Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
                            Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
                            Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
                            Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
                            Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
                            Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
                            PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

Originally posted by zizyphus View Post

Brother, I truly admire your creativity, and the fact that your personal touches are all over those instruments, not just layered on top a little bit. Nicely done!
                              __PRESENT
                              Thank you kind sir, these guitars and all of my other guitars suit me and sound incredible. I like a variety of tones from a single guitar and it works.

Comment

Working...
                              X