• Show
Clear All

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    That thing is stunning.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    At this point; I can vouch for the Roman Quicksilver being well a made/high quality guitar. Great player, solidly built (Arched Maple Top on Black Korina Body) and awesome tone/sustain with that hand crafted feel. I would definitely buy another if the price was right.

The Quicksilver Platform

Reminiscent of Paul Reed Smith's Body Shape with Only Minor Improvements. It wasn't easy to beat the original design but we think we did. See the major improvements at our Quicksilver Versus PRS Full Comparison article.

The Quicksilver Platform Is Basically The Marriage of A Number Of Ed Roman Innovations:

The 25" Scale 24 Fret Neck
    The Direct Couple System Bolt-In Neck
    The Ed Roman Designed All Access Neck Joint
    The Headstock Angle
    The 1/8" Ebony Slab on the headstock face for added strength
    The Solid Pickup Mounting System
    Push:Pull Pot Design
    Tune-O-Matic Bridge
    Choice of 12 different headstock shapes
    Choice of 100 different body shapes
    Choice of over 100 different wood combinations
    The Highest Level of Craftsmanship that make EVERY Ed Roman Guitar UNIQUELY INDIVIDUAL

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 12-23-2020, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    I thought it played nicely before I had it set up...but now...WOW! Best of all; I was able to adjust the neck humbucker height through a little finagling with the mounting screws and it sounds much better now with no muddiness to it. This is fast becoming my favorite. It and the Swan remain on stands next to the amps.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by elelpe View Post
    I would like any method that looks clean, and allows easy swapping and height adjustment, Parker's method works, but i think something else could be designed to work even better.

Leave a comment:

• elelpe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I was wondering about that, too. While I don't particularly like pickup rings or mounting tabs, fixing pickups in place might be pretty...limiting.
    Using Parker's method?

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Swapping the collared OFR arm for an old school Threaded Screw in Arm, a 42mm big Brass Block got the stock one and changing string gauge to .10-.46 and that’s about all it needs imho.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Originally posted by vinta9e View Post
    "no user serviceable parts inside"
    LOL...right?!?

Leave a comment:

• vinta9e
    replied
    "no user serviceable parts inside"

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    I called Ed Roman Guitars in L.V. and had a discussion with their personnel (friendly and courteous in listening to my questions and providing whatever information of which they had knowledge) who indicated that the pickups are direct mounted, i.e., presumably the bridge to the body core and the neck to the direct coupled neck. In essence; they are not adjustable. One would need to tap holes from the top to gain access to the legs of the pickups...at least that was the individual's indication. Fortunately the pickups sound great where they are set.
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 09-17-2020, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Ed had a shop in Boston before he moved to Vegas. I have been to both shops. He was a really nice guy very giving of his time and welcoming all of his customers.

Leave a comment:

• vinta9e
    replied
    Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
    Pretty much looks like Meatloaf's Guitarist Paul Crooks Roman Quicksilver...
    Close but I like yours more with the quilt top and the black hardware. So, do the polepiece screws extend into the body for mounting the pickups or is there some other witchcraft at play?

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    Ah, I see. I saw the studs but I didn't understand the guitar was made to feature a ToM to begin with. How are these pickups actually mounted??
    I was wondering about that, too. While I don't particularly like pickup rings or mounting tabs, fixing pickups in place might be pretty...limiting.

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied
    Ah, I see. I saw the studs but I didn't understand the guitar was made to feature a ToM to begin with. How are these pickups actually mounted??

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Pretty much looks like Meatloaf's Guitarist Paul Crooks Roman Quicksilver...

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 09-16-2020, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Exactly right on the Floyd Mod. I do wish they had left the trem cavity cover off and saved me the trouble of having to fill those holes. It's a very interesting approach in the way they are mounted...no adjustment options...but they do indeed look clean. Base off of the bit of research I've done I think the pickups are similar to a Pearly Gates Neck/Custom Custom Bridge. Both sound great though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X