Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinta9e
    replied
    The guitar was first build with a tunematic + stoptail in mind and was routed for a floyd later on, it seems. That's why the tailpiece studs are still in the top, lol. They could have skipped the spring cover holes altogether

IDK about you but I am loving the small script branding on the pickup bobbins. I bet the lack of mounting tabs makes all pickup ring haters envious of the clean-shaved look

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Regarding the Floyd Mod; if you look to either side of the Floyd you'll see the remaining Stop Tail Studs.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    I would agree on the palm contour. My Nightswan has a bit of sculpting on the back of the lower cutaway and it definitely makes fret access less of a fight.

Leave a comment:

• elelpe
    replied
    Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
    Thick Arched Quilt Maple Top/White Korina Back...heavier than it looks too.

Nice. I find palm contour on the back of lower cutaway more useful than on the front.

Leave a comment:

• Gtrjunior
    replied
    Gorgeous!! Congrats!!

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied
    Just one question. what is the floyd mod you talk about? I can't see it clearly?

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Thick Arched Quilt Maple Top/White Korina Back...heavier than it looks too.

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 09-15-2020, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I do remember his website having pages about the secrecy of the 'Black Back' pickups. And a ton of great pictures. I've never seen a Roman guitar in person, and never had any personal experience with him or his company when he was alive, so I don't have any judgement either way.

Leave a comment:

• vinta9e
    replied
    Wow, nice find. Can I see the other side too, please?

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    When I'm thinking of buying a guitar or buy a guitar, I research the hell out of it...funniest thing thus far is that there are very few threads about someone actually owning a Roman Guitar but there is at least one of these threads on just about every guitar forum!

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...n-guitar/page2

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Duncan made Black Backs as OEM pickups for other manufacturers I'm pretty sure as I had a set of Seymour Duncan Black Back Jazz/JB TB Dual Adjustable Pole-Piece in an Ibanez ICT700. I had picked them up off of eBay from a bulk purchase of OEM parts from Washburn or Dean where a seller has a number of sets that he was liquidating. Maybe those were Blackened??? I do know for a fact that they had Black Backs and Dual Adjustable Poles.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/forum/the-trading-post/311591-fs-2010-ibanez-iceman-ict700-5-piece-wizard-neck-thru-seymour-duncan-black-back#post311591
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 09-14-2020, 07:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• elelpe
    replied
    I thought Blackback set was Custom Custom and Jazz.

Leave a comment:

• muttznmongrelz
    replied
    Yep...Ed Roman...one and the same. OFR Mod as It was a stop tail.
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 09-13-2020, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Top-L
    replied
    What is the trem mod?

Is that Roman as in... Ed Roman?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X