X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greekdude
    replied
    Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    I keep the height as low as I can get away with without fret buzz and everything playing in tune up and down the neck. There isn't a 'normal' number, there are recommendations. For electric, whether semi hollow or solid, I seem to recall one standard was fretting the 12th fret, there should be just enough clearance to slip in a medium/heavy pick at the highest fret. (Or something like that.)
    I do the same with no fretting on the 12th and 1.5mm picks. In my Ibanez uv70p (the one which you predicted would turn to saw dust) it is below 1.5mm at the 24th fret (no capo). And relief slightly above zero.

Anyways, problem with my acoustic is it cant get low enough. The bridge is constraining the height.

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied
    You measure from the bottom of the string to the top of the fret

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Yeah, there is no real "answer" except personal preference, I think...

Myself, on my semihollow Epiphone, I use 0,11's and rather high action. So that I can play even loud notes, without losing any dynamics. The downside is that the guitar becomes harder to play fast lead stuff on.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne27
    replied
    Thank you for the help guys!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. B
    replied
    Your is at the higher side of normal. Using your ruler, the more common string height would be somewhere between 2/32 and 3/32. Your is sitting around 4/32.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    I keep the height as low as I can get away with without fret buzz and everything playing in tune up and down the neck. There isn't a 'normal' number, there are recommendations. For electric, whether semi hollow or solid, I seem to recall one standard was fretting the 12th fret, there should be just enough clearance to slip in a medium/heavy pick at the highest fret. (Or something like that.)

Leave a comment:

• Wayne27
    started a topic Height of strings for Ibanez AS63

Height of strings for Ibanez AS63

What’s the normal height for strings of semi hollow? I took a photo of my IbanezAS63 Artcore Vibrante and was wondering if the height is normal at the 12 Fret?
    ​​​​​​​
Working...
X