Let's see YOUR #1...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see YOUR #1...

We all have a favorite, whether it be a guitar, girlfriend/wife or child (JK) and, on occasion, the one that is your favorite may change for various reasons. Sometimes it's a hard choice so if you have more than one favorite that's okay. That said; please limit it to a maximum of two guitars and feel free to say why they're your favorite if you'd like to share.

My current favorite/#1: Because it came together perfectly, plays as effortlessly as any guitar I've owned and sounds beautiful whether clean or over-driven.

Charvel Sambora Mutt

- 2009 Charvel USA San Dimas One Piece Maple Neck with R3 1 11/16” Nut, 22 6100 Jumbo Frets, Grover Mini-Rotomatic Tuners
    - NOS 1989 Richie Sambora Signature Body
    - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Seymour Duncan JB/2018 Custom Shop MJ Warren DeMartini RTM TB
    - DiMarzio 500K Volume/Sambora Slant 5 Way Pickup Selector/2 DPDT/Cannon Jack
    - Top Mount Vintage 1985 Floyd Rose Original with 42mm Block

The other contender would be my 1988 Kramer Nightswan...for the exact same reasons as the Sambora.

- Maple Neck with Ebony Freboard, R1 1 9/16” Nut, 22 6100 Jumbo Frets, Schaller Tuners
    - Mahogany Body finished in Blue Sparkle
    - Seymour Duncans: Hot Rail/Custom Shop MJ Evenly Voiced Harmonics/Custom Shop MJ Holdsworth Dual Adjustable Coil TB
    - DiMarzio 500K Volume/3 DPDT Pickup Selectors & Blower Switch/Cannon Jack
    - Top Mount Floyd Rose Original with 42mm Block

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 09-14-2020, 11:40 AM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

My #1 is by far my IC500 Iceman. Plays like a dreams, sounds incredible, to my ears and just keep going back to it. It has a DD in the bridge and stock Ibby pickip in the neck.

#2 is the LTD loaded w a C5 and Jazz, bringing up 3rd is the Jackson loaded w a Nazgul and Sentient.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200914_131635.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	6016802
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

It has Dimarzio Injectors now, American body/bridge/hardware/plastics and MIM neck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2757AD26-2415-4DCE-9D76-EF88020633AF.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	6016807Click image for larger version  Name:	16C414CE-E0D3-4FE0-B4A1-A1A7708A249B.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	22.1 KB ID:	6016806

Last edited by PFDarkside; 09-14-2020, 01:06 PM.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

PF, not generally an orange color fan, but I dig the one above
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Hsb - haven't tried an IC500 but did have an ICT700 and it was phenomenal. Sounds like you've got it and your LTD and Jackson done up right and loaded for TONE!

PFD - Totally dig the Orange Charvy and the Black Strat with Reverse HS is Classic!
          MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
          1988 Kramer Nightswan
          1989 Charvel Sambora
          2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	6016816
            This one is probably my favorite. Warmoth Black Korina capped with Bloodwood, Warmoth Bloodwood neck, Rosewood fretboard, Canary skunk stripe, Seymour Duncan Antiquities

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	6016817

Name:	IMG_0404.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	6016818
            Highly modded 2012 Gibson Les Paul Supreme, Seymour Duncan 59/JB pickups, brass roller bridge, brass tailpiece, gold metal surrounds, Schaller strap locks and gold metal pickup selector switch tip, vintage style control knobs and Optima 24k hole strings

Comment

Very nice! Great woods and unique design on the Warmoth and that LP has a lovely top and some tasteful/useful mods.
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

The natural one, Franky, has been my number one for years. However, lately I've been playing the blue one. Both partsocasters. Both have the same woods, same neck specs (except construction; Franky's is the old Warmoth Pro construction and the blue one is Vintage Modern construction roasted maple). Same hardware, both loaded with Seymour Duncans.

Comment

today it's the Reptile Green LP

Next week it will be back to the RG2
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Very cool color; understated guitar and that tailpiece is BADASS!
                    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                    1988 Kramer Nightswan
                    1989 Charvel Sambora
                    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      The natural one, Franky, has been my number one for years. However, lately I've been playing the blue one. Both partsocasters. Both have the same woods, same neck specs (except construction; Franky's is the old Warmoth Pro construction and the blue one is Vintage Modern construction roasted maple). Same hardware, both loaded with Seymour Duncans.
                      Sounds like you've figured out what you like/what works for you. Cannot go wrong with a Warmoth Build! Both lovely.
                      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                      1988 Kramer Nightswan
                      1989 Charvel Sambora
                      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster

sigpic

Comment

I IClick image for larger version  Name:	0B467D98-2263-4E3C-9102-73C668F38107 - Copy.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	6016868Click image for larger version  Name:	6847672C-7014-4765-9B92-0C2CA2765206.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	126.8 KB ID:	6016867

It would have have to be my Gretsch Orange '96 PRS Custom 22. She's the one I take to every gig.

Bought her cheap from a pawn shop. They thought she was an import and I didn't correct them. Pulled the 5 position rotary switch and the Dragon pickups. Put in a three way switch and a set of Duncan Antiquitys with the covers removed.

Did the same thing with my Blue '02 PRS Custom 22 hanging on the right side of the PRS group shot. She's a killer too and the double Cream Antiquitys in her feature a stock A2 neck Antiquity and a bridge Antiquity I modded with a Roughcast A4 magnet.

Love them both. Blue is prettier but OJ is my favorite. A little more resonant.
                        Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-14-2020, 01:57 PM.
                        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post

Sounds like you've figured out what you like/what works for you. Cannot go wrong with a Warmoth Build! Both lovely.
                          Sure did. The blue one came about from the Esquire build I had. Couldn't get the body to balance so I sold it fully loaded and got the Strat body. Then discovered the nut width on the other neck was wider than on Franky so it got sold and replaced with the roasted maple. 1 5/8" nut width on the boatneck contour is super comfortable. The natural one has a Chandler body and Warmoth neck. The blue one is all Warmoth. Technically, Tao Turquoise is the color.

Comment

This is easy, it is my Music Man Silhouette Special. Alnico II Pro & Custom Custom, with a scalloped neck.

Name:	IMG-0457.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	6016889Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0233.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	6016890
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

O.k, I'll take the too many men penalty. What's 2 minutes when your goalie is hot?
                              Alumisonic 1100 custom. It's chrome plated aluminium.
                              Esp eii frx.

Name:	IMG_20200914_173422.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	6016898

Comment

Working...
                              X