banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guitar day. Dream guitar. Expensive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar day. Dream guitar. Expensive.

Here is a Custom 77 from France company. Made in Korea. I got a blue one. They are not many pictures online of the blue one. So I will show the white gold plated one I always dreamed of owning. And show 1 picture of the blue one. They are hard to come by in America. And it looks retro. With some expensive modern appointments. I always dreamed of the white one gold plated. But I found the blue one. So I got one of my dream guitars. But I never really I never thought about the blue one..

Here is some info. So I got some info. Assembled in France, the Lust for Life model features subtle German Carve on the solid alder body construction, with a set maple neck and a pair of HepCat humbuckers. Weighing 8 lbs 13oz,. Graph-tech locking tuners. Tone Pro locking roller bridge. Switchcraft toggle switch. Pure tone jack. CTS pots. Sprague Orange Drop caps. Alder body with maple set neck.

The maple neck has a smooth gloss finish and a full-feeling, rounded C shaped profile, measuring .860” deep at the first fret and .983” at the 12th. The bound fretboard is a thick slab of rosewood with a 14” radius, and sports dot inlays and the original medium jumbo fret wire.

The nut measures 1 5/8“ in width, and the headstock retains the stock chrome tuners, white Custom 77 graphic, and “Lust for Life” truss rod cover. The slender headstock shape and pin-striping is also reminiscent of late '50s Supro models. These are small operation.

So I will not change out the HepCat humbuckers hand wound in Paris. They are unique to the guitar. And custom made. Not run of the mill pickups.

https://www.custom77.com/eng/c77/gui...kdown_120.html

Last edited by Samick Lover; 09-16-2020, 12:15 AM.

Cool guitar! I prefer the blue version. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
      Cool guitar! I prefer the blue version. Congrats
      I dreamed of the white but found the blue one with pearloid pickguard and HepCat pickups was different also. But I could not believe I found my dream guitar in another color without the gold plate. Thanks man. I'm happy. It is paid for. I pick it up at the shop soon. I got a email saying it was shipped to the shop i'm getting it from. And they can not tell me when it will arrive.

Comment

Very nice! I like the blue one, better, too.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very nice. I've never heard of the company or model before, but by the looks of it, they're something I'd like.
          ---------------------------
          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Very nice! I like the blue one, better, too.
            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
              Very nice. I've never heard of the company or model before, but by the looks of it, they're something I'd like.
              Thank you.

Comment

I'm picking up tomorrow from the shop. It is ready to go. And I'm getting a case, strap, chord, and some guitar cleaner. Also going to eat at a buffet. So like I said it is paid for. And I cannot believe I own one of my dream guitars in a color I gave no thought too. guess what?

Comment

You should get more than one chord with a guitar! At least three or four, for rock. And if you wanna play jazz, hooooooo-boy, you're gonna need SO MANY chords.
                  ---------------------------
                  The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Congrats. Cool-looking guitar. That weight of almost 9lbs would be too much for my back.
                    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                      You should get more than one chord with a guitar! At least three or four, for rock. And if you wanna play jazz, hooooooo-boy, you're gonna need SO MANY chords.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
                        Congrats. Cool-looking guitar. That weight of almost 9lbs would be too much for my back.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Nice. I like the blue better also. Enjoy.

Comment

Interesting take on the double cutaway. Nice looking neck too. And how can I not like blue.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X