Help identifying this guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying this guitar.

My cousin is thinking about buying this from an older guy locally. He said he has owned at least 10 years. He also said it is made in Japan but I’m not 100% sure. There isn’t a serial number or any writing on back of the headstock. The guys says it’s an artist but that’s all he knows.
    ive tried to look online to see what I can find but I’m having trouble finding ones that look like this. I do not know much about Ibanez. It plays and sounds good though.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8047086B-EA8D-4E66-9B3C-C518E4592AED.jpeg
Views:	334
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	6017289

Heres a small bit of info on the Artist series of guitars

For a list of AR models, see Portal:Artist series. The Artist series (or AR series) is a line of electric guitars produced for Hoshino Gakki and sold under the Ibanez brand. The first Artist models were introduced in 1974. It was one of the first series of original models by Ibanez. Although the majority of Artist models are guitars, the series also included a small handful of electric bass models. Prior to the early 70's Ibanez was mainly focused on producing copies of guitars designed by other
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Thanks for the link from what I can find it’s an ARX series. It looks to be closest to the arx300 but the finish listed for them is different. I didn’t figure it was Japan. So I know it’s from China from what I can tell.

Comment

Definitely an ARX of some kind. They are great guitars that Ibanez didn't make for long. I sold mine to a guy who just had to own it, but I'm always looking for another one.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Artists are excellent guitars.

Comment

That's an ARX100

Comment

Those are great guitars, Ibanez Les Paul minus the lawsuit

Comment

Those are great guitars, Ibanez Les Paul minus the lawsuit
                STAHP with the stupid, will ya? There NEVER was a lawsuit.
                aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I don't think he was referring to the "Lawsuit Era" at all...simply that it has all the bells and whistles of a nice Les Paul and Gibson won't frown on you for owning one

Comment

Working...
                  X