Talk me out of a new guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me out of a new guitar...

I know this is the wrong place to ask, haha. I'm gassing for a new guitar and I need to be talked out of (or into) it.
    I really think I want a PRS SE 24 in trans blue. All my current guitars are 21 or 22 fret, so obviously I need a 24 fret guitar just in case....
    but it would just be another guitar that I'd want to mod and put different pickups in. So I'm torn...

What's your opinion on quality and playability of the SE series?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

my prs se is a great guitar that i didnt spend a lot of money on. i did put better pups in though...

Comment

The SE line is solid. I like the SE 245 Standard.

Comment

i would never talk anyone out of a guitar...TREAT YO SELF! I've been out of the retail game for a while now, but it used to be the SE series were killer guitars for the money...I thought they smoked the Epiphones in a similar price range. Epis have upped their game recently for sure, but I still think SE are killer guitars.
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

If your plan is to be talked out of the purchase by discussing the "quality" of the SE series, I'm afraid you're out of luck. A few duds get through, but, for the most part, they are incredibly nice guitars. I've owned both SE and USA models and the difference wasn't as big as you'd expect based on price alone.

Comment

Don't buy guitar. Spend your cash on a nice wom...oh wait....Nevermind. Buy that guitar . DOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              my prs se is a great guitar that i didnt spend a lot of money on. i did put better pups in though...
              Yep. I have three SE Singlecuts that I bought used for around $400 or 450 each. Mine are Korean made and the quality is great.

Sure, they needed a little set up. I like to tweak the nut slots for lower action and that sort of thing.

And l ike Jeremy, I did swap the pickups. The stock ones were not horrible but not excellent either.

I have Duncans in all three now. I play my SE's more than I play my Gibson ES-335 and that's the truth.

Here's one of mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13301239_10154211582188584_2553468322398325490_o.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	6017667

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Man... you guys are terrible at this, lol. But you're also telling me what I want to hear.
                I've got my eye on a couple on reverb. I'll probably get one in the next few weeks
                "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

If everyone is telling you what you want to hear, perchance you didn't really want to be talked out of it in the first place?
                  Face it, you don't really need another guitar, you want one. It's not really about practicality. In the end, it's your money to spend.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

The SE is an excellent guitar. If you can afford it, do it.
                    Soundcloud

Comment

No I will not talk you out of a new guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        If everyone is telling you what you want to hear, perchance you didn't really want to be talked out of it in the first place?
                        Face it, you don't really need another guitar, you want one. It's not really about practicality. In the end, it's your money to spend.

You're right, I know I don't "need" another guitar, I'm just seeking confirmation and validation for wanting one, haha. Plus I just bought a Zebra APH2B, so I definitely "need" a guitar to put it in.

Comment

Well, I put an offer in on a SE Standard 24.....and it was accepted. So I guess I'll have one shortly

Comment

The blue one I hope.
                            Oh, and try to get past seeking validation from others. At this point, don't you think that your own judgment is enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              The blue one I hope.
                              Oh, and try to get past seeking validation from others. At this point, don't you think that your own judgment is enough?

Yeah the blue one, and I had pretty much already made up my mind when I posted, just wanted the reassurance that the SE were quality instruments. So not really validation for my actions per se, but validation that I wouldn't be throwing away money.

Comment

Working...
                              X