banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much has your choice of guitars changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started out on Les Paul and big semi-hollow, or hollow guitars. I finally settled on SGs and 335, 339 type semis so I can have unrestricted access to the upper part of the neck.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

It's funny, my taste hasn't changed much at all. I like Gibson-style and oddball guitars with narrow necks I can wrap my fingers around. I like humbuckers and fixed bridges and love the look of a Bigsby and always have. I prefer black or dark tobacco burst finish with no pickguard or tort pickguard. I prefer cream pickups and dark rosewood or ebony fretboards and 3-on-a-side headstocks. I have always had a strong preference for vintage looks and don't like modern styles. 80% of the guitars I have owned had most of these features and several had all of these features.

Don't get me wrong, I tried some things along the way but the single coil guitars, wide-neck guitars, flat radius guitars, and strat-style guitars quickly found new homes.

The only big change of heart is before I played one I thought the SG was the ugliest guitar ever made. Then I tried a couple and one became my main guitar for several years. They became beautiful to me based on the feel and sound.

Comment

I come from a world of pointy Jacksons and BC Riches and a loathing of Teles and Jazzmasters, to the complete opposite.

My current thing are SuperStrats. But the pointy ones are all gone now. Both my Deans are up for sale as we speak.

Still play Metal, just like when I began, though.
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
        X