X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securb
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    They look a little 'genre specific' to me, which is something I generally avoid.
    I was thinking the same thing. I think I am a bit old for a "Metal God" guitar. Don't get me wrong I will thrash with the best of them on my LP but I don't need skulls, flames, or pointies to get it done.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Ltd guitars you can get 15+ percent off from major chains, free shipping, 180 day no question return policy. Try to get that with a solar.

Solar is selling direct, less overhead, they should be cheaper, like agile or harley benton. Not that cheap, but less than they are by a few hundred.

Too much risk buying one..tons of other comparable guitars you can get from major chains.

Other brands have stepped up value, oka needs to rethink pricing.
    A big part of looking at Solar is my desire to support a smaller operation. It's no different than when I choose to shop at the locally owned hardware store rather than Lowe's or Home Depot.

The couple that runs the store are really nice, and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. When I spend more on a tape measure or some drill bits from them, I'm seeing exactly where the money is going. Same with Ola... If I spend a few bucks more on one of his guitars than an LTD, I'm OK with it.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    You bring up some valid concerns. At the starting point, many of the Solar guitars are priced roughly on-par with their ESP equivalents, though some Solar versions are actually a slightly better deal from the get-go. For example, ESP's single-hum, bare bones "Black Metal" models are running $850-$1000 here in the U.S., yet that sexy green Solar V with equivalent specs is only $700. As you said, discounts on ESP's are fairly common and less common on Solar models. But I'd like to counter with a couple points:

1) There's a good chance licensing fees are paid to Washburn to use these ex-Parallaxe designs and be able to sell them in the U.S.

2) A company like ESP is going to get the best prices at the manufacturing level compared to a smaller entity like Solar. Despite the lack of a middle-man, Solar is probably working with a similar profit margin in the end.

3) Comparable Agiles are $400-$600 with generic hardware and non-name brand pickups, so you can't make a "value" comparison here. Upgrading anything on an Agile quickly kills the perceived price difference.

4) Solar does occasionally offer discounts. It pays to follow them on social media, as is becoming more the norm with smaller companies these days. They often give discounts when a new model is introduced and it will be interesting to see if a "holiday sale" happens.

Leave a comment:

• Top-L
    replied
    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

Where do I get an LTD, Washburn, or Schecter for $800 cheaper than a Solar?

An LTD with an Evertune is $1099, same as a Solar, and no stainless frets. The only Schecter I see with one is $1699, and I don't see Washburn making anything comparable anymore.
    Ltd guitars you can get 15+ percent off from major chains, free shipping, 180 day no question return policy. Try to get that with a solar.

Solar is selling direct, less overhead, they should be cheaper, like agile or harley benton. Not that cheap, but less than they are by a few hundred.

Too much risk buying one..tons of other comparable guitars you can get from major chains.

Other brands have stepped up value, oka needs to rethink pricing.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    Dammit Beavis!

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
    Sorry I forgot you are in the US. My Parallaxe cost me 300, OFR, Distortion/ Jazz, extended cutaway. Similar to the one Jennifer Batten plays, the blue one.
    You're conveniently leaving out facts. Where can the average person get a brand new Parallaxe like yours for $300 from a dealer?

You are suggesting that's a better buy for the OP than purchasing a Solar from Ola, so please show us where this "better option" exists...

Leave a comment:

• Obsessive Compulsive
    replied
    Here's the link JB: https://www.washburn.com/product/m10frq/

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Obsessive Compulsive
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Please back to the OP.
    The cockroaches and house mice take the internet too seriously like it were November 3 already...lol.

Leave a comment:

• Obsessive Compulsive
    replied

An LTD with an Evertune is $1099, same as a Solar, and no stainless frets. The only Schecter I see with one is $1699, and I don't see Washburn making anything comparable anymore.
    Sorry I forgot you are in the US. My Parallaxe cost me 300, OFR, Distortion/ Jazz, extended cutaway. Similar to the one Jennifer Batten plays, the blue one.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Please back to the OP.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied

Well smart boy, if the excellent quality of my Washburn is any indication, and you don't mind making that goof 800 dollar richer - as opposed to saving yourself 800 dollar by buying guitars made in the same factory as Solar (LTD, Washburn, Schecter) - go for it! Lol...

Again, Solar is a based on his previous sig Washburn Solar, so I reckon everything is pretty much the same except the brand name. And he is taking advantage of his You Tube fame so that he can jack up the price.
    Dude, what is your problem?

First, you clearly have issues with basic math. ESP, Washburn, and Schecter don't give their guitars away for free. And new, they really aren't any less expensive than the Solar equivalent. Heck, how much is the lowest cost Ibanez with an Evertune, luminlays and stainless frets? Oh wait...

Second, what is your problem with Ola? Did he forget to sign your hoodie at a concert or something? Furthermore, how is supporting a company like Ibanez somehow "better" than supporting a growing company like Solar?

Lastly, his pricing is pretty much on-par with the older Washburn/Parallaxe guitars that these are clearly a continuation of. I'm surprised they aren't more expensive than they are given industry price increases over the past 6 years since most of these models were first introduced. Where is this "jacked up price" claim even coming from?

You are clearly just here to b**ch and complain.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

Well smart boy, if the excellent quality of my Washburn is any indication, and you don't mind making that goof 800 dollar richer - as opposed to saving yourself 800 dollar by buying guitars made in the same factory as Solar (LTD, Washburn, Schecter) - go for it! Lol...

Again, Solar is a based on his previous sig Washburn Solar, so I reckon everything is pretty much the same except the brand name. And he is taking advantage of his You Tube fame so that he can jack up the price.

Leave a comment:

• Obsessive Compulsive
    replied
    Lots of opinions here, obviously.

Since nobody really has first hand experience with a Solar, I suppose I’m obligated to get one

Leave a comment:

• idsnowdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Top-L View Post
    They are indonesian 1000 dollar guitars. They uses a 12th fret logo to distinguish themselves. Besides the logo, they are nondescript contract build guitars.

while ola is entertaining, I wouldn't want an instrument associated with him. For same reason I wouldn't want a chapman.

Also would not want guitar without inlays. Are they decent? Probably just as good as the indonesian ltd's and Ibanez guitars. You want to pay extra for ola's inlay?
    The only way to avoid buying gear associated with someone else is to build everything yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X