Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    I like the pickups, and they certainly sound good. They look a little 'genre specific' to me, which is something I generally avoid.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    That green V is definitely sweet.
    Agreed. I might be putting that one on my x-mas list! Dear wife...

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by Top-L View Post
    while ola is entertaining, I wouldn't want an instrument associated with him. For same reason I wouldn't want a chapman.
    Yeah, I hate guitar brands associated with actual people...Gibson, Hamer, Ibanez, Paul Reed Smith, Washburn, Parker...

God forbid an actual guitar player runs the company...sheesh!

Leave a comment:

• Top-L
    replied
    They are indonesian 1000 dollar guitars. They uses a 12th fret logo to distinguish themselves. Besides the logo, they are nondescript contract build guitars.

while ola is entertaining, I wouldn't want an instrument associated with him. For same reason I wouldn't want a chapman.

Also would not want guitar without inlays. Are they decent? Probably just as good as the indonesian ltd's and Ibanez guitars. You want to pay extra for ola's inlay?

Leave a comment:

• Samick Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Anybody have one? They seem like a lot of guitar for the money, and there are some really cool designs. For instance...

​​​​​​
    I have seen some guitar YouTube channels buy some of the models from the brand. They love them.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    ^ nice

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied
    Will they chug?

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    They're designed by Ola Englund, who's probably best known for his YouTube channel, also the guitarist from The Haunted and Feared. Used to be in Six Feet Under.

The ones in the $1000 range have stainless frets, glowing fret markers, Evertune or Floyd bridges, and other premium features. The $700 ones have Hipshot fixed bridges and nickel frets. They all have Ola's proprietary Duncan Solar pickups, proprietary locking tuners, and most are either neck-thru or set-thru. There are a few artist models that have other pickups, like EMG or Fishman Fluence.

Like I said, they're packed with premium hardware, and after being out for a few years, the market is not flooded with used ones for sale. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with initial buyers being fans of Ola, and maybe a little more bought-in to the brand to begin with, but I'm curious enough to buy one.

That green V is definitely sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Χάρης
    replied
    Never heard of them, I really like the green one though. (the one in the middle)
    Last edited by Χάρης; 09-20-2020, 10:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    started a topic Solar Guitars

Solar Guitars

Anybody have one? They seem like a lot of guitar for the money, and there are some really cool designs. For instance...

​​​​​​
Working...
X