Has anyone ever used these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever used these?

Nope. Seems like a bad idea that causes more problems than it solves.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Why do you say that?
      I don't really think there's any problem with good pins but this seemed kind of cool and I was wondering what it would do for the sound.

Comment

I have no experience with them, but they kinda look like they would raise the fulcrum point of the force exerted on the bridge by the strings? which could possibly cause problems down the line.

The anchor on the bottom would probably mitigate that, But I'm not sure
        "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Yes and it would also raise the action right?

Comment

Read the reviews and noted there many favorable comments.
            That is not dead which can eternal lie,
            And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

I looked into them, but ultimately went with TUSQ pins. I couldn't find any definitive evidence that they significantly improved the sound, and read several reviews which said that strings could and would pop out.
              That being said, I welcome any improvement here. The acoustic bridge is sadly still (mostly) relying on bridge pins. My Adamas uses a pinless bridge, which really should be the standard these days.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

They wouldn't raise the action

The bridge and. Nut dont move
                The action should remain the same

The break angle over the bridge could make for a softer feel on the strings

They look like they would want to twist under tension
                For that reason, I'm out
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I don't break or need to change acoustic strings often enough to require quick change end pins. Seems like the wrong way to apply tension to me, but I don't really know.

Comment

Working...
                  X