No announcement yet.

NGD - Dean Leslie West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dean, these days, consists of a small custom shop with a giant warehouse attached. While they still make custom guitars, most people there don't work on them- they just process the instruments coming in off the boat.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

if its really weak and shows ok on a meter, check to see if the magnets are properly oriented

Comment

I wouldn't badmouth pups just because they are cheap. I am a real P-90 fan and have tried many really good ones. A couple years ago I bought a set of P-90s on Amazon for about $35. Yes, a set for $35 or $45. Turns out that they are by far the best sounding P-90s I have ever owned or played! Way, way better than any Gibson P-90.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Okay, I changed my mind about the Lindy Fralin... I thought I would try a Lace Sensor. Tried to find a P-900.... No go, apparently those are unobtanium. But I found a Lace Aluma V-90 with a cream cover (I need to keep the black one). Anyone tried one of these before? I can't even find a video featuring Aluma V-90's....
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I wasn't aware LACE even had P90's? But then again their site isn't laid out real well. The SD Custom P90 with A8 magnets it's a real bruiser.

Comment

I like Seymour's P-90's.... I just like other makers P-90's more.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Neat guitar

Leslie took the tone with him
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

How can that guitar sound bad? How can you mess up a mahogony slab?

Check the value of the pots. I learned earlier this year that they can make a bigger difference than previously thought.

I have a cheap basswood Dean that I bought ten years ago and it is probably my best sounding guitar. Why do the ugly ones always sound good?

Comment

Nice score. That should be sweet once you get it all sorted out.

Comment

Working...
                    X