Tonepros bridges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonepros bridges?

Hey guys, who has a Tonepros bridge installed on one of their guitars? I'm interested in trying one of these on a '94 Hamer Studio with a Tuneomatic bridge. I'm not sure which one to get though, they offer the TOM bridges in standard and metric sizes, with large posts or small posts, notched or unnotched, and with regular or Graphtech saddles. I'm thinking it would be best to get one that's already notched, is it worth it to get one with Graphtech saddles as well? The guitar hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not sure whether I'd need standard or metric, and large or small posts. I'm hoping Lew will see this, as I believe he has a couple of Hamers. Is there really a noticeable increase in sustain, or is the benefit more in the fact that the bridge won't fall off if you remove all the strings? How would graphite saddles alter the tone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Tonepros bridges?

I have one on the SG and one on the Schecter. There was a noticeable difference in sustain....not HUGE, but it was discernable. The added plus as you pointed out was the fact that it makes string changes alot easier.
    I liked the results enough when I had it installed on the Schecter
    to have on put on the SG when I bought it.
    PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
    PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
    GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
    Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
    Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
    various pedals

Comment

Assuming I buy one that is already slotted, is this something I can install myself? Is it as simple as removing the old TOM bridge and putting the new one on?

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I really like my Tonepros bridge, the guitar has more sustain but I had it done with a lot of other mods to my LP at the same time. If you buy the unnotched version you can get the notches put in exactly the right place to match the poles in your bridge pickup. I've never seen anyone with the tonepros bridge and graphtech saddles, but that kinda sounds like a good idea...
        "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Just FYI, a TonePros tune-o-matic is nothing more than a $15 Gotoh with allen screws drilled in it to hold it in place. I didn't notice any tone change with the ones I had, but it's nice that it won't fall off and ding your top when changing strings. Whether or not that's worth the $50 upcharge is up to you. I hear the PRS version is much more significan in what it offers since PRS stock bridge slots aren't ajustable for individual intonation.

Comment

Working...
          X