X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvertonebetty View Post
    Yes my vintage Goya es 345 copy and my epiphone double neck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why'd you sell the doubleneck? What would you play with it if you still had it?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Why'd you sell the doubleneck? What would you play with it if you still had it?
      I was tricked out of it . Being stupid listening to a good salesman aka a con man . And some

Comment

Originally posted by silvertonebetty View Post

I was tricked out of it . Being stupid listening to a good salesman aka a con man . And some

Yikes. Another question...why did you buy it originally?

Comment

Dont regret selling any I had, though had an Epi LP years ago that sounded amazing. Now the RG570 that I had stolen, my own fault, thats a completely different story and was avoidable.
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

My 1989 Ovation collector's series. For a pittance.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

All of them.
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
              http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

For all the guitars that ive flipped over the years I only have 2 that I regret letting go. A 92 or so Gibson SG celebrity series, ive never seen another like it. If you google it the images that come up are a different guitar. The guitar was fantastic but I got buck fever and traded it for an airbrushed Hamer Californian. (Which was a dog)

The other was a mid 80's ESP M2 in a bubble gum burst finish. It had those weird Bill Lawerence pickups with the square with a U in the middle, Cant remember the name now and a on board preamp boost. Was another just beast of a player but in chasing guitars to flip I wound up trading it for a USA custom Warlock that I still have. Sadly the ESP was twice the guitar.
                "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

All of these plus one or 2 others

Click image for larger version  Name:	5FABD21F-C96B-4063-A8BD-A87EB770DAE8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.1 KB ID:	6024192Click image for larger version  Name:	8C6FF113-0883-40F2-96B0-6252B587E8F7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	6024193Click image for larger version  Name:	65FFB01C-00C6-4109-B587-CE0F13C9285E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	99.1 KB ID:	6024194
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow, those look great, too!

Comment

In the early '70s, all my gear was stolen including a 68 Tele Thinline, ash body with a factory Bigsby. Got it back, but the guy had messed it up. There weren't luthiers on every corner back then, so I traded it off on a Gibson ES-150DCN. Horrible trade...the Gibson turned out to be an unruly white elephant. Regret selling the Tele. Don't regret selling the Gibson. Took a bath trading it for a 79 Music Man Sabre II, but that turned out to be a great guitar.

Also, around '73, I'd bought a virtually new long neck Gibson ES-330TD dirt cheap from a junkie. Great guitar! Traded it off for a Univox drum machine. Drum machine helped pay the rent for many years, but I really miss that 330. Never seen another quite like it.

I had to sell my 1960 Strat after my divorce in 1990. Miss it, of course, but the G&L Legacys I have now are better guitars. That Strat would be worth $20K+ now...ugh.

After my gear was stolen in '72, I bought a new sunburst Univox Les Paul copy. Beautiful little guitar with a bolt-on neck. Not the best quality, but it just had a beautiful clear tone. Loaned it to a young friend and it was stolen from his dorm room. (I HATE THIEVES!)

I miss the '72 Martin D-18 that I traded for a Taylor 710CE jack in 2002. Bought the Martin new. Hard to give up an old friend, but I needed a guitar with a pickup. Did well with the Taylor, but it will never be my favorite. I'm a Martin guy.

In another financial crisis, I had to sell my 1975 Gibson Les Paul '55 Special Reissue. I'd bought it used, mint, just a few months old. Traded a beat up but terrific sounding Acoustic Control 156 amp rig straight across for it...a steal for me. Had some problems with the neck, but that was the best P90 guitar I've ever played. Absolutely killer through my JCM 800.

And then there was a vintage 1965 Deluxe Reverb, and a blonde, BF, 1964 Tremolux rig. Oh well. I love my Mesas.

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
                      X