Jackson Soloist Silver Crackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist Silver Crackle

Saw this beauty today while browsing my local shop. Man, this guitar played and sounded so nice. The neck felt amazing. Not a single blemish to be found. Was setup up good with low action and no fret buzz. Almost pulled the trigger on it. Probably will in a few weeks if it's still there. Either this one, or the Slime Green Crackle Soloist, which is a little cheaper and comes with Duncan Designed 103s. Anyone have one of these?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 10-20-2020, 06:59 PM.

Digging the finish, the crackle does seem to pop under lights. You should snap it up!

One of my favourite Jackson finishes was on a Rhoads, a yellow tiger finish I saw more than ten years ago. If I saw that same guitar today, I would jump on it

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

• EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I have a Zebrawood variant with Duncan Design Distortion and Hot Rails. Very lightweight, comfortable, excellent neck, low action, plays very easy. I haven't worked the Floyd Special very hard yet, so I don't know about it's quality or tuning stability. Mine is a little dark sounding (Poplar body), but a reversable pickup swap can solve that; or make it sound any way I want, really. I was looking at the crackles as an option when I bought mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
        Digging the finish, the crackle does seem to pop under lights. You should snap it up!

One of my favourite Jackson finishes was on a Rhoads, a yellow tiger finish I saw more than ten years ago. If I saw that same guitar today, I would jump on it

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
        Yeah the finish does pop especially in person. I really liked the pickups in it and the 5-way switching. I don't think I'd change them after hearing them. The double rail singles really stood out both distorted and clean. The bridge pickup was excellent as well.

Comment

looks like a great shredder! always loved that finish

Comment

I couldn't resist this guitar, so I put it in layaway with a hardshell case. Soon it will be mine

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
              I couldn't resist this guitar, so I put it in layaway with a hardshell case. Soon it will be mine
              Happens to the best of us!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

And another pickup hunt begins. Congrats
                1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                ESP LTD M-400
                Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                  And another pickup hunt begins. Congrats
                  I don't know man, I was pretty impressed by them. But yeah that could change down the road. Always searching for that TONE...

Comment

It appears the Jackson pickups in that line of guitars, at least based on ad listings on Sweetwater, are Duncan Design pickups, so they may not be bad.
                    Jackson Soloist 7 string
                    ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                      It appears the Jackson pickups in that line of guitars, at least based on ad listings on Sweetwater, are Duncan Design pickups, so they may not be bad.
                      Yep, I believe so. And the 2 mini humbuckers as well. Sounded very similar to Hot Rails.

Comment

Nice find by the way. I have a Jackson 7 string, Im still trying to bond with it
                        Jackson Soloist 7 string
                        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Buddy of mine just got a Soloist with the Duncan Designed. I'm thinking that it's got the 103 set. If so, I suggest that you try the stock pups for a while before you think about changing them.
                          I have a DXMG that I love. Almost wish that I kept the EMG HZ's in it.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X