Epiphone SG-400 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone SG-400 Pro

Anyone have one of these? What do think about them?

I been thinking of picking one up for awhile now in Honeyburst with all gold hardware. Really like the look. How fat is the neck? Never owned a 400 Pro. I used to have a LP in the same finish with the same pickups with coil tapping. I currently have an Epiphone SG VE in Sunburst that's really a nice cheap guitar. Fat neck that plays great and has thick tone. But looking for another SG to add to my collection.
    Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 10-23-2020, 05:14 PM.

While I like a fat neck myself that is a great bang for your buck guitar. The neck is a 60's profile. However, I have the Gibson version of that guitar and it is a beast. The only difference between that guitar an the Gibson SG Special is you pay $300 more for the name on the headstock.

Comment

I’ve had a few SG pros recently that I modded. I had a 24 fret one that was nice but played only “ok”. I have a 22 fret one that I’m working on with a faded finish and it is sublime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -=The Dali
      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Never played one but would absolutely get it.

I know that you are going for the Honeyburst; but I have to say, the black and silver looks pretty cool too - https://bit.ly/3eajldL

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
          Never played one but would absolutely get it.

I know that you are going for the Honeyburst; but I have to say, the black and silver looks pretty cool too - https://bit.ly/3eajldL
          Yeah that black 66 SG does look good. Fingerboard looks like ebony in the picture. If it came with ebony at that price, I'd get that one. The Custom does and looks like a great guitar, too. The honeyburst with all gold though looks so nice with the flamed top.

Comment

Order placed on the Honeyburst G-400 Deluxe Pro. Will review it later this week with pics.
            Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 10-26-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Yeah that black 66 SG does look good. Fingerboard looks like ebony in the picture. If it came with ebony at that price, I'd get that one. The Custom does and looks like a great guitar, too. The honeyburst with all gold though looks so nice with the flamed top.
              I have 66 in cherry. I love it. I'm thinking of getting a sg-400 pro with the smaller pickguard. I like the fat neck on it. The fat neck works on it. If that neck was on a Les Paul I don't think I could play it.
              Last edited by Lovegun; 10-27-2020, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Order placed on the Honeyburst G-400 Deluxe Pro. Will review it later this week with pics.
                Cool. Yes, please let us know cause now I am seriously considering one myself. Always wanted an SG so would love to know what you think about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 76 View Post

Cool. Yes, please let us know cause now I am seriously considering one myself. Always wanted an SG so would love to know what you think about this one.
                  If you're considering picking up this guitar, I say go for it! Mine came setup good from the factory without any issues. No neck dive. The action was pretty low but I managed to go even lower without any fret buzz or adjusting the truss rod when I changed strings and gauge. The pickups are really good in it. I'm happy. The finish looks even better in person with all the gold hardware. Here is some pics...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 10-30-2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Wow that SG looks great!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Wow that SG looks great!
                      Thanks! It's a nice playing guitar. Sounds wonderful. I can't put it down.

Comment

If you're considering picking up this guitar, I say go for it! Mine came setup good from the factory without any issues. No neck dive. The action was pretty low but I managed to go even lower without any fret buzz or adjusting the truss rod when I changed strings and gauge. The pickups are really good in it. I'm happy. The finish looks even better in person with all the gold hardware. Here is some pics...
                        That's awesome man. Congrats. Yes, am seriously looking at doing this.

Comment

Looks nice, very unique.

I bought a G400 Vintage a few months back. This is the one with the satin/unfilled finish, not the gloss, 60s neck w/trapezoid fret markers, and small pg. I replaced the tuner knobs only with green keys to lighten the load and minimize neck dive. Then I replaced the pickups with '59s, CTS pots with 5% tolerance and .33/.15 caps. Action is perfect. It is a fantastic guitar all in for $500.

Comment

I was lucky to get a chunky neck, when I got my Epi Wildkat "koa" bought unseen, from Thomann .

A great, thick, C shaped neck .
                            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                              I was lucky to get a chunky neck, when I got my Epi Wildkat "koa" bought unseen, from Thomann .

A great, thick, C shaped neck .
                              Yeah the neck on mine is pretty chunky. Not too fat, just right.

Comment

Working...
                              X