PRS with Tune-o-Matic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS with Tune-o-Matic

So which models have the TOM style bridge/tailpiece? I'm familiar with the stripped 58 and McCarty having it.. any others?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201114-144708_Chrome.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	6029265

The McCarty 594’s have the 2 piece Tom style bridge. They do come in single cut and double cutaway for the 594 as well as semi hollow and full hollow body versions.

The s2 594 just came out and also use this bridge in single and double cut as well as a thin line version without a maple top and a pattern thin neck.

It looks like the se version of the starla is using a 2 piece tom as well. I forget if the older s2 and core starla’s had this.

There are a few others with non trem like the wrap around on Paul’s guitar or the vintage plate style on the Vela. For some reason the single cut s2’s and the hollow body piezo’s had a wrap around as well.

Comment

Thabks allstar. The 594 has a 24.594 scale. Wonder if it's noticeable for those used to gibson scale

Comment

The 24.75” Gibson scale has varied over the years by quite a bit. If you get a 50’s to 60 Les Paul the scale actually works out to 24 5/8ths. Any of the reissue reproduction stuff also uses this scale. Much of this is due to the way they were measuring it back then. The low E was maybe 24.75” when compensated.

This means the 24.594” scale on the McCartys is actually 1/32 longer than traditional Les Paul’s while being shorter than modern 24.75 by a 32nd.

I have 3 594’s and it does has about the same or slightly more tension it seems than my 16 Les Paul standard, even being shorter. It’s barely noticeable though and some of it may have more to do with the bridge break angle or the straighter pull at the headstock.

Paul knows what he is doing though and the 58/15 lt pickups are better than any Gibson has ever made except maybe a few accidents in the 60’s. The new tci versions are even better and the plus version in the single cut are great. I had every intention of pulling them out and running fishman classics for the paf voice one with a modded Les Paul battery pack. Once I heard these I abandoned that plan entirely, although if I get an s2 thin line I may try it.

All I’m saying is if you get a chance, try the 594, you will see why they are so popular.

Comment

Working...
        X