No announcement yet.

Favorite (secure) Wall Hangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off The Wall hangers are top notch IMHO.

Comment

I have 2 Off The Wall hangers. Haven't used them in years since I like to keep my guitars in their cases when I'm not playing them. But, my wife has been encouraging me to hang my Baretta above my desk. I'd love a shadow box for it but that might be something we make later. I've got a piece of 2x4 that I cut to 8". The hanger plate will mount to it vertically and then the 2x4 will be screwed in the wall stud. Waiting for paint to dry before drilling holes and getting it ready for the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post

My Hercules with the wood base have never failed me. They're definitely nitro safe. The little flipper pads ensure they're not going to fall out. And they're both sufficiently narrow and have the rotating hook design so you can actually hang Telecasters in them without them touching the tuning peg.
        I had to put the rubber bumpers back on mine because the foam padding was leaving black spots on both of my guitars but they have poly finishes. So I put the pieces that wrap around the foam back on to prevent it. No issues since.
        JC
        -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
        -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
        -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
        -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
        -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
        -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

I prefer Hercules -I have about 40 of the locking flipper type ... I even have a cello, saxophone and a few other instruments hanging from them.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have all my guitars hanging from Hercules GSP38WB Plus and they are great. No failures so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	preview.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	6048243

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
              Well, I *would* have said Hercules, but after that recent thread...
              Can you elaborate or link the issue? Hercules are my favorite -and I have more than 30 guitars hanging from them as we speak -some for decades

-All are mounted into studs BTW -no hollow wall anchors for me -can't risk it.

What might I need to know? Thanks.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

There was a thread roughly contemporaneous with this one from someone who had one of their floorstands fail because of the plastic degrading.

As best I could tell, once he posted pictures, the weak bit was different from anything on the wall hangers I have. In any case, none of the plastics on mine are turning gummy (which was the warning sign related in that thread).

And yeah, mine are all stud-anchored as well, though indirectly: they're attached to a board (painted and with a lovely ornately beveled edge, thank you very much) which is then drilled to two studs.

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Can you elaborate or link the issue? Hercules are my favorite -and I have more than 30 guitars hanging from them as we speak -some for decades

-All are mounted into studs BTW -no hollow wall anchors for me -can't risk it.

What might I need to know? Thanks.
                ---------------------------
                The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                  There was a thread roughly contemporaneous with this one from someone who had one of their floorstands fail because of the plastic degrading.

As best I could tell, once he posted pictures, the weak bit was different from anything on the wall hangers I have. In any case, none of the plastics on mine are turning gummy (which was the warning sign related in that thread).

And yeah, mine are all stud-anchored as well, though indirectly: they're attached to a board (painted and with a lovely ornately beveled edge, thank you very much) which is then drilled to two studs.

Gotcha. thanks.

Comment

I use the Hercules hangers with the 3-hole metal flush-mount.
                    Mount them with two screws up and one down(triangle pointing down) into solid wood of course. Always use nicely threaded wood screws,,,,, obviously.

Yeah that Hercules failure thread ended up being either the fold-up release pull-thing or maybe it was for height adjustment on the grabber arm,,,,,I can't remember.
                    Either way, it was a part that is not on the wall grab-hangers nor the conventional (non-grab) Hercules floor stand I have.

Comment

I love the look of guitars displayed, but I don’t do it.
                      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I only like hangers to save floor space. IMO it's better to keep all but 2 or 3 in their cases and then just rotate once in a while.

Comment

I keep a few out. But I have to clean them every week or so, or the dust starts coming, as well as the fun Florida humidity. Here, guitars in cases have strings that last longer.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I keep all my guitars on hooks out at the ready (Hercules as I already mentioned)

I have a bad habit of never using a guitar if I store it in a case or store them away. It's a me problem.

Although I have dozens of guitars -I don't collect guitars or have any investment guitars worth hiding away either, they are just tools for me -dings and UV exposed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                              I only like hangers to save floor space. IMO it's better to keep all but 2 or 3 in their cases and then just rotate once in a while.
                              For me it's that and safety. I can't have a guitar on a stand with a great dane and 2 cats around. They play all the time and she would send a guitar flying if she hit it.

Comment

For a seemingly nitro-safe DIY solution I made hangers by perusing the hook/fastener aisles of Lowes... or Home Depot. Can't remember. The ones I got are deep enough to hold two guitars or basses, or one acoustic guitar. No issue so far with the one nitro finished guitar I have, and they've been up for probably 18 months. Hangers + 2x4 + stain & sandpaper made a fun project and saved a few bucks.

If you check the photo, the upper-left ones are similar to what I used.

Attached Files
                                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
                                X