Need something to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need something to do

Is there some place where I can find a guitar with no electronics or pickups, basically a blank guitar body and neck assembled and painted. Not looking for a DIY from scratch project, the corps must only need electronics, I dont want to route anything, ok if the finish is damaged faded or chipped scratched. Just want something to do within a limited budget. Just need something to do at home.
    "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Not that I am aware of. You can get what you are asking for in essence but you would have to put the neck on the body. They make bodies already finished and routed etc. Necks finished etc. Just adding electronics....I am not aware of that scenario.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Check Stratosphere and Gibsondependable on ebay/reverb.

Comment

There are probably a few companies out there that specialize in that sort of thing...they might buy B stocks, or prototypes or whatever. Online classifieds (Marketplace, Craig's List) are probably good places to browse, too, as there are probably a few of these projects out there that someone never got around to.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just buy a used guitar and rip out the electronics.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

If you want something to do... buy an old Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy, switch it from EMGs to passive pups, then sell me the control cavity cover with the built-in 9v battery door I can't seem to source

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              Just buy a used guitar and rip out the electronics.
              This. Lots of decent inexpensive Asian guitars out there.

Comment

Ebay, Craiglist, Mercari, and OfferUp all have project guitars you can upgrade. Ebay also has unfinished kit guitars. I just bought one of these and they are very good for the money. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GROTE-Elect...kAAOSwJ3hfh~O2
                Last edited by idsnowdog; 11-20-2020, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I've stripped bodies on eBay a bunch of times. Just search carefully/be patient. People extract Gibson stuff from bodies all the time.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

For a huge step up in quality, keep an eye on Warmoth's Screamin' Deals. You can get a neck and body for about $300 if you are patient.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Aliexpress has finished ones minus hardware and Electronics

The holes may be slightly off

GFS has finished bodies and necks
                      EHD
                      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                      X