banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable, Easy To Use, Accurate Tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable, Easy To Use, Accurate Tuner?

Using my old Boss TU-12 isn't cutting it. Goes wonky at times and isn't particularly accurate when it does work. What's an affordable, easy to use, accurate tuner these days? Needs to be able to accommodate various tunings (nothing crazy, but at least E, Eb and D Standard).

I am open to all styles (pedals, clip-ons, etc).

I don't get too excited about tuners so I'd prefer to keep it around $50 if possible. However, if that's not realistic I am open to paying more.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Frankly
    PoorMan knows what everyone deserves. Everyone knows that.
    Originally posted by Diocletian
    Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

I am sure you can find a Polytune for that price or close to it. There are a lot of tuners out there now a days and they are all capable of doing what you need them to do.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I’d say used korg pitch black pedal, but any from their line is accurate, easy to use, and easy on the eyes.

Comment

When looking at pedal tuners, it is important to me that is able to be seen in darkness, as well as bright sunlight. I use an older Guyatone pedal. I also have a few NS-designed D'Addario tuners that clip on the guitar and are just about invisible from the front (very important to me).
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I use free apps for Android mostly.
          I also have a pitch black for more accuracy and times when I'm playing through various pedals anyway.

Comment

I also use an iPhone app called AP Tuner, which is the best phone-based tuner ever. Accurate within 1/10th of a cent.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

IMO get a newer-used Boss TU-3 for $50-$60.

Comment

I use a Polytune on my pedal board and a Snark on the headstock when I'm not plugged in. TC also makes a headstock clip on version of the Polytune and you can find them for $49.
                “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                  TC also makes a headstock clip on version of the Polytune and you can find them for $49.
                  That's what I use. Works great, and took the place of the Snark. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...lyphonic-tuner

Comment

Phone app. Free.

They want to charge for drop D tuning and stuff, but you can just fret the needed string if you're not terminally lazy
                    "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                      I use a Polytune on my pedal board and a Snark on the headstock when I'm not plugged in. TC also makes a headstock clip on version of the Polytune and you can find them for $49.
                      I would love a clip-on Polytune but everyone is out of stock. The few I can find are listed at double the price.
                      Last edited by PoorMan; 11-22-2020, 09:33 AM.
                      Hi John Jolly. I like you a lot. If you would enjoy some sex please contact me. Maybe we could discuss the Les Paul guitar during it. I would like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        I also use an iPhone app called AP Tuner, which is the best phone-based tuner ever. Accurate within 1/10th of a cent.
                        Thanks! I'm going to check it out.

Comment

I have a few of the D'Addario NS clip-on tuners and also have the Korg Sledgehammer clip-on. The Korg is crazy accurate. Basically a clip-on version of the Pitchblack. I think I paid $30 for it.

Comment

I currently use the blue clip on Snark. Cheap. Works great.

Comment

I've used TU-12, Snark, D'Addario mini and built-in in my Zoom MS-50G. A new(er, with the needle) TU-12 would be the most accurate. Plain old regular Snark is second best (IME). My Snark "tight" tuner is worse than the regular one - seems to have a wider range of variance in between the lights. D'Addario biases slightly sharp to a Snark but works almost as good. Built-in Zoom tuner is the same as my regular Snark - out of convenience it's replaced them all as it's also my whole pedal board.
                              Last edited by beaubrummels; 11-24-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X