banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable, Easy To Use, Accurate Tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securb
    replied
    I have $5 - $10 headstock tuners all over the house they work great.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied
    Nowadays, pretty much any of them. Hell, I use some $5 clip on Reverb branded tuners, and they work great. Now I don't use them when I'm getting ready to do some recording, but I use them all the time just sitting around the house, and I wouldn't have any problem using them at a gig either.

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied
    The current gen D’Addario pedal tuner is awesome. Huge display, very fast response, solid build.

Leave a comment:

• GreatOz
    replied
    I like the Ibanez Big Mini a lot; it was replaced with the Polytune 3 Mini because of the Polytune's buffer (start of signal chain).

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied
    I have Korg Pitchblacks on all of my boards, while I use a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner for setting intonation.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
    Free: Boss waza craft tuner app for phone

Cheapo: Donner mini dt-1 $12 on reverb and ebay. They work great.

Good: Korg pitch black mini. https://reverb.com/item/4685398-korg...i-pb-mini-used

Clip on tuners look ghaayyy.
    I have the Donner
    big screen
    Works fine

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Thrash_Metal
    replied
    Free: Boss waza craft tuner app for phone

Cheapo: Donner mini dt-1 $12 on reverb and ebay. They work great.

Good: Korg pitch black mini. https://reverb.com/item/4685398-korg...i-pb-mini-used

Clip on tuners look ghaayyy.
    Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 11-23-2020, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Just get a snark.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    I've used TU-12, Snark, D'Addario mini and built-in in my Zoom MS-50G. A new(er, with the needle) TU-12 would be the most accurate. Plain old regular Snark is second best (IME). My Snark "tight" tuner is worse than the regular one - seems to have a wider range of variance in between the lights. D'Addario biases slightly sharp to a Snark but works almost as good. Built-in Zoom tuner is the same as my regular Snark - out of convenience it's replaced them all as it's also my whole pedal board.
    Last edited by beaubrummels; 11-24-2020, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UnderTheFlame83
    replied
    I currently use the blue clip on Snark. Cheap. Works great.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    I have a few of the D'Addario NS clip-on tuners and also have the Korg Sledgehammer clip-on. The Korg is crazy accurate. Basically a clip-on version of the Pitchblack. I think I paid $30 for it.

Leave a comment:

• PoorMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I also use an iPhone app called AP Tuner, which is the best phone-based tuner ever. Accurate within 1/10th of a cent.
    Thanks! I'm going to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• PoorMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
    I use a Polytune on my pedal board and a Snark on the headstock when I'm not plugged in. TC also makes a headstock clip on version of the Polytune and you can find them for $49.
    I would love a clip-on Polytune but everyone is out of stock. The few I can find are listed at double the price.
    Last edited by PoorMan; 11-22-2020, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Adieu
    replied
    Phone app. Free.

They want to charge for drop D tuning and stuff, but you can just fret the needed string if you're not terminally lazy

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
    TC also makes a headstock clip on version of the Polytune and you can find them for $49.
    That's what I use. Works great, and took the place of the Snark. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...lyphonic-tuner

Leave a comment:

Working...
X