Looking For 50mm From E to e Steel Saddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For 50mm From E to e Steel Saddles

Hi all,,, Everything else on the market is 52, 54+mm, & I need 2", 50mm, & can't find them anywhere.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Be well all~

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
    Hi all,,, Everything else on the market is 52, 54+mm, & I need 2", 50mm, & can't find them anywhere.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Be well all~

This is like going into an auto parts store and asking for a starter that has certain measurements.

It doesn't work that way. You go in and tell them what year, make, model, and engine you need a starter for. Not, "I need a starter that is 8 inches long."

So...give us the basics, at least! Tell us what bridge you need saddles for.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

What kind of guitar? Fixed bridge? I think the narrowest I've tinkered with was the old Lead series....seems like they might've been wider than 50mm though. I'll dig around in my trove...

Comment

Are you saying you need saddles to line up with 50mm pickups? If so, the saddles will not be 50mm. They will be wider. As the strings go from the bridge towards the nut they become closer together. It is very minimal but it is a closer spacing at the nut. What is your nut width, pickup width (E to e) and what is the guitar and what kind of bridge is on it?
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

The narrowest saddles I have on hand came off an 80's Fender Lead II. They are 10.4mm wide, so 52mm E to E spread. I do see that Stew Mac offers a complete hardtail setup with 50mm spread:

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-ha...hoCJ4wQAvD_BwE

The saddles don't look like steel though...zinc maybe?

Comment

I think the OP is missing something. My guess is he needs saddles to align with 50mm spacing at the pickups. If so, any 10.5mm width saddle will be fine (aka: 2-1/16" or 52mm string spacing at the bridge).

Otherwise, he needs something around 10mm-10.2mm in terms of saddle width, which is unusual and uncommon. Not sure if these listings are accurate, but might be something if he really does need that:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brass-Bridg...8AAOSwcDZZhukQ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Brid...8AAOSwCU1YsDwr

Comment

Or you simply do what most do.....buy a trem with no preset spacing (like with bent steel saddles) and simply slide the strings inward the correct amount.

Comment

I honestly thought the OP was talking about a TOM bridge
                and post spacing

EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                X